Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever stepped inside a boxing ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was raised in a family of Martial Artists. One of my first memories is boxing my dad and hitting the mitts. My uncle was a pro and was always training fighters, so we (my cousins and I) would always be training, messing around with pros right beside us. I never did anything formal. It's always been something I learned and practiced for fun. I wish I would have taken it more seriously as a kid-and seen how good I am.

For the most part my family members and I have beat the crap out of one another all our lives-in a seasoned, tactical, and sporting manner.

Comment

Originally posted by luke1979 View Post
      There is no prerequisite to being a fan of boxing. You do not need to have boxed or even been inside the squared circle to enjoy or have an opinion about the sport.

I think it would be interesting to hear about your stories and exploits inside the ring and how they have given you a perspective as a fan.

So all boxingscene commentors please share your experiences here.

For me personally I learnt over time and hardship an appreciation, admiration and respect for all boxers through my experiences. I have been boxing and training since I was 8 years old.

I do and will always love the sport.

Watching pad work with James Degale was my pitiful highlight. It was just after he won gold at the Olympics and it was an eye opener. Seeing his fluidity and power first hand was remarkable and at the times a little scary.

I will never be and could never have been of any signifigance in real world and business of competitive boxing, nor will most who brave the hardest of sports. But I will always consider it a part of me and my life which is both positive and affirming.

Boxing has helped me and many others remain on the straight and narrow and away from the destructive and negative temptations that we all are faced with and sometimes vunerable to.

I know that many of you including me give various boxers a hard time for their performances and/or their choices of opponents but lets not lose sight of the fact that in this short life that we all have, what they do. And what they put on the line in the most literal sense, is more than most of us would risk even if we could... and thank them or at least appreciate them for their courage.

If watching boxing or doing boxing has helped you in any way, like it has for me, then I am honestly happy for you.

If you kindly took the the time to read this then I thankyou sincerely and invite you to please share your thoughts and experiences with and about the sport that we all love.

Thankyou Boxingscene and thankyou boxing.
      Yea and for those clowns on this website who think I don't know anything. I had an 83 wins 7 loses as an amateur and I did train kids for 5 years. I also trained my son to a national title with only 50 fights and A Ringside title with only 20 fights and yes he beat many of these Prospects that are fighting at this moment. If you ask why he's not boxing ? He had the same surgery Andre Ward had Capsule tear which is a Labrum tear which was caused at the Golden Gloves in Nevada. These tears cause an unstable joint which causes a Dislocation. Titanium anchors are place to hold the joint . He dislocated sparing Joesph Diaz, so he had to give up the sport. This is why I'm wondering how Ward will do after this injury

Comment

we have a ring and octagon in our gym. I was in the octagon last night helping out by sparring with of of the MMA fighters. We do that when someone needs work on striking and defense of striking. (just striking. No take downs or kicks)

Comment

Only when i was a kid i used to go to the local club

I admire and respect boxers greatly for what they do,and i would never call them 'cowards' or 'pussies'-i'm a true boxing fan
          Last edited by The_Demon; 01-23-2013, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Yeah, been boxing since I was 16. Not training hard enough and weight issues led to me taking ages having my first fight. First fight was awesome though. Lost a close and controversial decision. Many observers thought i had won. However it wasn't to be. Was meant to be fighting this week to, but illness over xmas and then twisting my knee meant i couldn't train.

Comment

I've heard that there is boxing around in the city, never been a ring........ Rockin'

Comment

Hey guys

Thanks for all of your contributions so far. You know boxing for me, and for many of you, boxing is more than a sport and I've been happy to hear, as I hope you are, what you guys have to say. Thank you for sharing your experiences with the rest of us.

A part of you fights with the guy you support when you watch him go toe to toe, and that feeling, that passion, to a lesser or greater degree comes from an informed place. A place of empathy in just how tough it is to stand there for 12 rounds or an imagination of hard hard it is to stand there for 12 rounds.
                Either way, real or imagined, it does spark a passion, even a care as to how your man will do. That is one of the many things that makes boxing great.

Long live boxing

Comment

yup was a amatuer boxer had every intentions of turning pro but aint worked out like I wanted. I still get into the ring and spar people train and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                    Yea and for those clowns on this website who think I don't know anything. I had an 83 wins 7 loses as an amateur and I did train kids for 5 years. I also trained my son to a national title with only 50 fights and A Ringside title with only 20 fights and yes he beat many of these Prospects that are fighting at this moment. If you ask why he's not boxing ? He had the same surgery Andre Ward had Capsule tear which is a Labrum tear which was caused at the Golden Gloves in Nevada. These tears cause an unstable joint which causes a Dislocation. Titanium anchors are place to hold the joint . He dislocated sparing Joesph Diaz, so he had to give up the sport. This is why I'm wondering how Ward will do after this injury
                    actual experience means nothing on this site, you'd actually just be better off keeping everything to yourself. Having watched fights on television or deep in the crowd garners more perspective than you'll ever get from being in the ring yourself (or being a trainer) just sayin'...........Rockin'
                    Last edited by Rockin'; 01-23-2013, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Good for you. Alot of people wouldn't get the ring, but you did.

Comment

Working...
                      X