Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a LIFELONG boxing fan.....but MMA is winning a piece of my heart!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me counter real quick here:
    1: The greatness of Manny Pacquiao
    2: The controversy of Floyd Mayweather jr
    3: Sept 19th, Sept 26th, Nov14th, Nov 21st
    4: all the great fights that Boxing will air that wont be on PPV
    5: The Tourney

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
      1) Anderson Silva < Pacquiao
      2) Controversy around Lesnar < Controversy around Mayweather
      3) Strkeforce is and will keep gaining ground on UFShe. Enjoy the 1 voice while you can.
      4) Even though Holly Holm ha more credentials than any women in mma, I'll give you that, just because they're more popular.
      5) What mystery? The mystery of why he hasn't made the right career moves?
      6) I'll give you this, but boxing is gaining on them in this category.
      7) See #6.
      8) They are miles ahead when it comes to this thanks to ****e TV.
      damn dog, you beat me to it. lol good ****

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
        In all honestly, I feel boxing is heavily under advertised, but that's just because it is what it is. Stations took off a lot of boxing shows because lack of ratings and fanbase. General public mostly are into the big name stars and only view those because they can gamble and bet on them. The young crowd, especially in America is into MMA because you get to see white people throwing punches and actually winning. It's also a more realistic version of WWE which them white folks go craaaaazy over. Thus it pulls in the huge WWE fanbase as well as martial artists in general. It has a lot going for it, but what I can never get into is the ground based, and think their standup is a joke. I have seen some decent matches as of late though.
        people make the mistake of comparing the two sports "skill-wise". No, a MMA guy will never have the stand-up punching skill of a boxer. Because 70% of his training is non-punching related. When people realize that they are different sports, they will stop comparing the two.

Soccer and "football" have different objectives/tactics/skills, yet have similarities. Boxing and MMA are the same way.

Back to the marketing. It is important to market to the younger audience, because how else do you lure the best athletes into your sport at an early age? Who are the great prospects at lightweight, cruiserweight or heavyweight who will become the next great American heavyweight champion?

And if you can't get the best athletes at your glamour/marquee divisions, is the sport going to flourish? it's kinda how the NBA does best when the Lakers or Celtics are winning. Or how the Sox/Yankees rivalry carries MLB.

It seems that every big name in boxing is 30+. I remember going to the Delahoya/Trinidad fight and that was a monster event between two very young guys. What happened to those events?

Comment

Originally posted by Santo Domingo View Post
          Blah Blah Blah.... lots of ****..... blah blah blah....

.... When people realize that they are different sports, they will stop comparing the two.....

YADA YADA BLRUGH BLAH BLAH ... did not read.

Good. You've realised your mistake. Now GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
            Good. You've realised your mistake. Now GTFO.
            Just skip this thread. You'll be fine, princess.

Comment

Originally posted by gancho_al_igado View Post
              Let me counter real quick here:
              Has Manny Pacquiao beat a great fighter in his prime?

An ancient Oscar who lost most of his fights in the past five years? A one-dimensional Hatton who had been KO'd?

Yeah. That's great stuff.

Props to Manny for two tough, close wins over JMM. Sept 19th will determine if JMM is a great - or just a good - fighter.

Comment

1) Controversy around Mayweather? haven't you guys on this site been repeatedly saying how FMJ is not a draw?

3) Why focus on Strikeforce vs UFC. The point was MMA. Please remember that for a long time, GBP didn't do fights with TR. Those things happen. The AFC and NFL merged. The NBA and ABA merged.

5) mystery as in 'how good is he really?" etc. Fedor is like the Edwin Velero of MMA.
                1) Yes, controversy around Mayweather. He's in the news and public eye twice as much Lesnar and usually for something controversial. I'm not one of the posters saying Mayweather is not a draw because he is, not by himself though.

2) Because Strikeforce is an organization rising up that will challenge UFShe's monopoly on mma. GBP not doing fights with Top Rank, UFShe not doing fights with Strikeforce will be permanent until one goes for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                  2) Because Strikeforce is an organization rising up that will challenge UFShe's monopoly on mma. GBP not doing fights with Top Rank, UFShe not doing fights with Strikeforce will be permanent until one goes for sale.
                  Quisqueya, why do you do that childish thing with the names? You are better than that.

Really.

Comment

Has Manny Pacquiao beat a great fighter in his prime?

An ancient Oscar who lost most of his fights in the past five years? A one-dimensional Hatton who had been KO'd?

Yeah. That's great stuff.

Props to Manny for two tough, close wins over JMM. Sept 19th will determine if JMM is a great - or just a good - fighter.
                    dude stop it, Pacquiao is a beast.

Comment

i see Dios Dominicano is back

Comment

Working...
                      X