No announcement yet.

Carl Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Froch

Who does everyone want to see him in with? I'd love to see him in with Kessler, would be a great, exciting fight. I think the more likely fight would be with Bute, which would also be a good fight.
    Bute and Froch both keep their hands low, but Froch has his extremely low. It is a good job he has a solid chin. Both can bang, with each having around an 80% knockout ratio. Bute seems to struggle in knocking out good fighters who are near the top of their division, for example Andrade and Bika. Froch, on the other hand, knocked out Jermain Taylor with only seconds left, although this does not prove he is good in big fights, as he looked very nervous at the beginning and was knocked down for the first time in his pro career. What it does prove, however, is that he has good stamina and can keep throwing bombs until the very last bell.
    Froch has courage; he went to the USA on his 1st defence of his title to fight a former undisputed champ, one who had defeated the great Bernard Hopkins twice. Bute has hardly ventured out of his country of residence, Canada (and only did so early in his career) giving him an edge. If the fight were to happen, it should either do so in England, giving Froch some extra support, or the USA (though they don't seem too keen of Froch over there).
    A slight height advantage goes to Bute, who is 188cm tall to Froch's 185, (6"2 to 6"1) wheras Froch has a massive 11cm reach advantage.
    All in all, I believe Froch will coem out on top due to his reach advantage, his durable chin and his knockout power. However, I think the result will come to a decision. It will be a closely contested fight if it happens, with lots of hard punches and I think a bit of clinching. But Froch's stamina should hold through, which could allow him to take a late KO.

Liberdo Andrade

if only he'd left Bute to fight Andrade again before jumping queue we might've had that mouth watering tear up

and on a personal note I'd like him to take a B-Hop match so Bernard can retire on a nice win

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
      Liberdo Andrade

if only he'd left Bute to fight Andrade again before jumping queue we might've had that mouth watering tear up

and on a personal note I'd like him to take a B-Hop match so Bernard can retire on a nice win
      I think Kessler could take him apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Blairhoyle792 View Post
        I dunno how Kessler would handle Froch's power

Comment

Seriously!!! Most people are simply not aware of Frochs resolve...
          The guy's gonna be a legend...
          And YES, he is comfortable with that "unique" style of his.....
          He's entertainment personified.... Just wait & see... His amateur credentials are FAR less than negative to....

Comment

Based on performances 2 years ago? His most recent opponents quality have been nothing but poor, so you assume that with this in mind, and his inactivity (which will only get worse with the Management fiasco/case) that he is still the best 168 out. I know Kessler is not at fault, but it's the truth.

If Bute/Froch comes off, at least we will have two men willing to face each other that helps unify a division pitting the best the division has to offer.

If the Bute fight does not come off, then Pavlik, Andrade or Andre Ward are opponents i would like Carl to face before the year is out.

Now Hopkins is a man that could take Carl apart.

Comment

I don't know, these days. The Kessler who beat Andrade (and, indeed, lost to JC) probably could, but how do we know that Kessler is still around? He'll have a hard time stopping Froch, and although he is undoubtably the better boxer it wouldn't surprise me if Froch wore him down just as he did Taylor (and make no mistake, that's what did happen, Taylor didn't 'gas' for no reason).

I just hope he doesn't fight B-Hop, who would get a wide UD on ring generalship alone. Bute, Kessler, or even Dawson (at SMW) would be fine. Pavlik would be an easy win IMHO.

Comment

I think Hopkins would take apart Froch in an ugly Hopkins style fight, so that wouldn't be a great option. I think Kessler would tear through Froch's lackadaisical defense, but I'd still like to see it since I don't get many opportunities to watch Kessler at all. I'd love to see Bute fight Froch, two guys who keep their hands low and like to bang going at it would cause a lot of excitement, especially since Bute is a southpaw to further agitate the strange(cough… cough…) stances of both guys. As flawed as Froch may be I like him, he's exciting and he fights what’s given to him. Can't ask for much more than that .

Comment

Carl Froch (born 2 July, 1977, Nottingham) is an English super-middleweight professional boxer and is the current WBC Super Middleweight champion, ...url=http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Application.aspx?appId=173764702012][/url]

Comment

kessler isnt fighting anyone until his court case with Palle is over (except maybe a mandatory against a tomatoe can) so you can forget about him. Arthur Abraham is stepping up to SMW apparently and i think that would be a great fight for both fighters. A unification fight with Bute would be a good scrap too. I dont think Dawson will step down (unless Paul Williams wants a fight) so I'll rule him out too. Hopkins might want a fight at 168 to win a title there before retiring but he wants a big pay day, and no disrespect to Froch - he's not a big money fighter (yet anyway, he's entertaining so if he keeps beating good opposition he'll get into the US market)

The order of likely opponents for Froch's next fight imo
                    Bute
                    Abraham
                    Andrade (if he wants an "easier" fight to stay busy against a reasonably big name)

Comment

Working...
                    X