Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who won Degale vs Jack?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tremendous fight. I had it 113-113 but some of the rounds I scored for DeGale, I was not sure about at all, I could have scored them 10-10, or even to Jack.

On a re-score, I think I would have Jack winning. He certainly did more damage and was the better fighter when you view the fight holistically, rather than a round-by-round basis (for what that is worth - ie, not much).

That was a rough, rough fight for DeGale.

Comment

Jack lost to many of the first rounds. I scored it a draw. Watch the same people that say you can't scream robbery in a close fight scream robbery.

Comment

Badou's last 4 have been MD, SD, MD, MD lmfao... Has that ever been seen in history?

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          didn't score it but jack was the clear winner to me. the KD in the last round should have sealed the deal
          I say this with respect - if you don't score a fight, you can't say one fighter was a clear winner, unless the fight is a huge landslide.

As much as we want to view a fight holistically, a boxing fight is scored on a round-by-round basis.

Comment

I had Degale by three rounds

Comment

Jack, but it was a close fight.

Comment

Badou Jack was quite obviously robbed how can anyone say otherwise?
                It was disgusting, DeGale got beat up so bad Jack just figured DeGale out his ring movement wasn't working at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                  I say this with respect - if you don't score a fight, you can't say one fighter was a clear winner, unless the fight is a huge landslide.

As much as we want to view a fight holistically, a boxing fight is scored on a round-by-round basis.
                  degale had nothing left behind his punches in the second half. and he was being harassed by jack at all times. and ended the fight at the verge of being stopped. can't see degale getting a draw, let alone winning the fight.

Comment

Didn't score it. I thought a draw was fair. But, if you ask me who I would have rather been then unmistakeably I'd have rather been Badou Jack. And whether it was from a lost tooth or on purpose, Degale should have lost points on the mouthpiece. Hope they do it again, cuz this was great to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post

DeGale work was being blocked, Jack was just timing James coming in on spurts, working him down landing clean shots it was great to watch.
                      Jack was robbed of a great win after he put on an amazing boxing class.

Comment

Working...
                      X