Gassiev-Lebedev... today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King_ View Post
    Fantastic fight, as always at CW.

I've gotta say, I think Gassiev is going to put a beating on Lebedev in a war, but I think Lebedev is going to take a lot of damage and I don't see him getting KO'd by one punch.

Hope the officials stop this fight at the right time (either way, obviously), if needed.

Has Gassiev's chin been tested? He has never fought anyone as good as Lebedev and Lebedev got all the experience. I'd like to see Gassiev win but this is a step up in class for him.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
      Has Gassiev's chin been tested? He has never fought anyone as good as Lebedev and Lebedev got all the experience. I'd like to see Gassiev win but this is a step up in class for him.
      Nope, and you're right, one of the main things it comes down to is Lebedevs experience vs. Gassievs youth.

But I don't think Lebedev is a particularly big puncher, even though he has a solid knockout rate. His power is good enough to knock out the guys he's good enough to beat, but it doesn't carry over against the true elite fighters of the division that he's fought (Huck, Jones).

He's just relentless and never stops coming forward and fighting, a lot of heart on him... but if Gassiev IS ready to take that next step, I think physically he'll just be too much and the "favorite," is actually overmatched, IMO.

If Lebedev can make Gassiev feel uncomfortable and touch him consistently in the early rounds, will it be enough to have Gassiev start second guessing and take him to deep waters he's never been?

That's what we'll find out. Can't wait!

Comment

Working...
      X