No announcement yet.

Stephen a Smith calls robbery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    When you're using SAS to justify your position, that means you lost the argument.
    Your sig

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      He had the fight even with the KD being the difference but called it a robbery.

He made himself look like an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Come on Man... View Post
        Contradictory, how the hell can a close fight be a robbery? His boxing knowledge is limited @ best.
        The two aren't mutually exclusive. Something can be close but still be a clear victory for someone if you actually pay close enough attention to the fight and score it properly. Also, Stephen A. Smith knows plenty about boxing if you actually listen to him talk about it enough.

Comment

I don't think it's a robbery per se, robberies are Chavez getting a draw against Pernell Whitaker for example, but I really don't see how anyone (Judges included) can only score 5 rounds to Kovalev... he won minimum 4 out of the first 6 rounds (I gave him 5 rounds), then he won maybe another 2 (Minimum)out of the last 6 rounds...

Comment

Originally posted by KLockard23 View Post
            The two aren't mutually exclusive. Something can be close but still be a clear victory for someone if you actually pay close enough attention to the fight and score it properly. Also, Stephen A. Smith knows plenty about boxing if you actually listen to him talk about it enough.
            A clear victory isn't close. This isn't basketball were talking here, boxing is subjective. A close fight can go either way so how can that equate to a robbery? An example of a robbery to me was Lara vs Williams.

Comment

Fat Dan scored it wide for Kovalev. Twitter is a Kovalev love fest as well. It was an easy fight to score if you're honest. And I picked Ward to win.

Comment

Not a hard fight so core.

Kov won this guys. He'll get a rematch nd hopefullt land one of those hard right hands that Ward missed by liter ally a milla second

Comment

Originally posted by Come on Man... View Post
                  A clear victory isn't close. This isn't basketball were talking here, boxing is subjective. A close fight can go either way so how can that equate to a robbery? An example of a robbery to me was Lara vs Williams.
                  It can be. There doesn't have to be an inherent conflict between the two depending on how you viewed the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    When you're using SAS to justify your position, that means you lost the argument.
                    Just because SAS says a lot of stupid things doesn't mean he isn't right once in a while. Even a broken clock is right twice a day they say. I had Kovalev up on the cards by a decent margin.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                      Your sig
                      Loooooooooool

Comment

Working...
                      X