Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya To Critics: I Strongly Feel Canelo-Golovkin Will Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    The point I'm making is that sending GGG an offer for a fight in a years time, and expecting it to come back signed, without any negotiations, is bullshit!

No way did Oscar think there was any chance that it would happen.

If Canelo wanted to fight GGG, why didn't he make him an offer when he was WBC champ and GGG was his mando?

If Canelo wanted to fight GGG, why didn't he send an offer to fight him next, rather than in a years time?
    if he dont want the offer,no fight and all fine,Canelo dont give a ****.

Comment

yeah and i strongly feel that you are a piece of ****

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        He was the challenger, moron. Now hes got 3 belts and Canelos balls. Didn't I tell you to stay away from numbers, clueless?
        GGG can have 100 belts but he's still the B-Side. And he's still arguing with ppl over $. He can't even pay decent fighters more than they've made before. Fighting GGG you have to take a pay cut.

Let Canelo offer Jacobs 75/25 split and see how fast Jacobs jumps on it. Everyone is calling out Canelo because he pays. While Fkn around with Cheap2 gets you "Life Changing Money"...

Comment

who cares, really? I mean, if they're going to fight, make it mean something, because right now, there is nothing really enticing about this fight, other than they're both on top of their game and near each other in the division, but what is really attractive about this match up at this point, there is nothing really propping this up, what!?!? a Catch Weight?

are all the marbles on the line? no. they're just trying to build this up with nothing of a foundation, there is really no storyline to make this fight something EVERYONE wants to see.

supremacy? Not with what they have going on now. All I am saying is this match up really means nothing at this point, and I believe this type hype really marginalizes it, and isn't the best way to build public interests.

this old way of match making and putting together fights is weak at best, they need to create more demand for the fight, this will be a flash in the pan at best, unless the fighters create the in ring drama needed to create the demand for a rematch.

boxing needs a vitamin b12 shot in the arm, these promoters are really *****ting the bed with how they're doing things, no one right now is being touted as the peoples champ, the closest right now is Keith Thurman, because he is willing to take on any and all risks, old school styles.

you want to sell these type fights, go old school, have guys come in the ring and call out the other guy, have a mic down ringside and have the guy call out the other guy, trash talk ,get some damn emotion back in the sport! get some damn passion and fire working, I am sick and tired of hearing guys afraid to call out someone, I am tired of the fighters saying the same canned lines," I let my manager and promoter set the fights up, and I fight who is in front of me"...

that is a steamy load of crap. step up, break the whack a$s mould they have going on now, separate from what is the mediocre norm and bring back the fire into boxing... which NO ONE IS DOING.

Comment

Pretty funny ODLH publicizing a 10m flat fee then proclaiming the all negotiations should be behind closed doors.

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
              I'd pay $5 to see the fight. lol
              Alvarez has had a terrible 2016. He started out the year as the media's "next super star" and is ending it as the punch line of a lot of bad jokes.
              Oscar still thinks he has the #1 attraction in boxing and the privileges that go with it. But the dismal PPV numbers from Alvarez's last fight tell a different story. Most fans see Alvatez as ducking Golovkin, no matter what Oscar's PR is saying.
              I agree. He has had a bad year with loads of bad PR, but he is still a big attraction with 51,000 fans watching his last fight. I think something else is at play. People are fed up with PPV. It used to be a special thing. Now PPV bouts are ordinary with "A sides" and wannabes fighting soft touches. Just look at Mayweather or Canelo's last fight, and Pacquiao's next fight. With few exceptions, these fights should be on regular or cable TV.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                The point I'm making is that sending GGG an offer for a fight in a years time, and expecting it to come back signed, without any negotiations, is bullshit!

No way did Oscar think there was any chance that it would happen.

If Canelo wanted to fight GGG, why didn't he make him an offer when he was WBC champ and GGG was his mando?

If Canelo wanted to fight GGG, why didn't he send an offer to fight him next, rather than in a years time?
                You said that no offer was made, so I gave you facts to support that it was and was for the amount that ODLH stated in the media. No one knows why no offer was made in that 15 day period. It could have been the lawsuit....the weight...the mando split..it could even be that GBP believes that the fight needed more time to maximize profits. Either way, there is no reason to say Alvarez doesn't want the fight based solely on the lack of a formal offer before vacating because of the timeline. Did K2 make an offer? Isn't that what you guys ask regarding Lara fighting Trip?

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
                  who cares, really? I mean, if they're going to fight, make it mean something, because right now, there is nothing really enticing about this fight, other than they're both on top of their game and near each other in the division, but what is really attractive about this match up at this point, there is nothing really propping this up, what!?!? a Catch Weight?

are all the marbles on the line? no. they're just trying to build this up with nothing of a foundation, there is really no storyline to make this fight something EVERYONE wants to see.

supremacy? Not with what they have going on now. All I am saying is this match up really means nothing at this point, and I believe this type hype really marginalizes it, and isn't the best way to build public interests.

this old way of match making and putting together fights is weak at best, they need to create more demand for the fight, this will be a flash in the pan at best, unless the fighters create the in ring drama needed to create the demand for a rematch.

boxing needs a vitamin b12 shot in the arm, these promoters are really *****ting the bed with how they're doing things, no one right now is being touted as the peoples champ, the closest right now is Keith Thurman, because he is willing to take on any and all risks, old school styles.

you want to sell these type fights, go old school, have guys come in the ring and call out the other guy, have a mic down ringside and have the guy call out the other guy, trash talk ,get some damn emotion back in the sport! get some damn passion and fire working, I am sick and tired of hearing guys afraid to call out someone, I am tired of the fighters saying the same canned lines," I let my manager and promoter set the fights up, and I fight who is in front of me"...

that is a steamy load of crap. step up, break the whack a$s mould they have going on now, separate from what is the mediocre norm and bring back the fire into boxing... which NO ONE IS DOING.
                  In large part I agree with you, which is why I feel it will do only about just over 1M buys. Neither guy speaks good English though. So your proposition would be a little difficult. Also, neither is known to have conquered a great. That limits the fights potential. It's a big fight for boxing fans. Not really a big event.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    You said that no offer was made, so I gave you facts to support that it was and was for the amount that ODLH stated in the media. No one knows why no offer was made in that 15 day period. It could have been the lawsuit....the weight...the mando split..it could even be that GBP believes that the fight needed more time to maximize profits. Either way, there is no reason to say Alvarez doesn't want the fight based solely on the lack of a formal offer before vacating because of the timeline. Did K2 make an offer? Isn't that what you guys ask regarding Lara fighting Trip?
                    Nobody made any offers because Canelo handed over his belt before negotiations could begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post

Yesterday, that clown kafkod denied that the WBC gave Canelo/Golovkin 15 days to sign that fight..... after I proved him wrong, do you think he was man enough to admit it?

Then, the asshat stated that had Canelo offered lil'G 10mil 5 months ago, Golovkin would have accepted that offer"in a heartbeat" LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

That lying clown makes up rubbish, and than logs off when you prove him an idiot..... so don't expect any kind of reasonable debate, he is an excuse-making fanboy, not a genuine boxing fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X