Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin's Promoter: Deontay Wilder Fight Will Happen in Russia!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
    i bet povetkins last purse u cant even find but u think 2.5 is pathetic for him? foh troll..and noway this fight is ppv in the states..
    If Wilder can't sell a huge number of PPV's in his home state alone for the biggest fight an American (that's not Floyd) has been involved in for years then it's time for the USA to give up on boxing altogether.

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
      Ill make a thread about it instead of spamming here
      no need to discuss that ducker of a champ..told u the style wasnt right for him..and the wba is protecting him cowards

Comment

• Originally posted by Arthur Daley View Post
        Povetkin is entitled to his % of the $7m purse but he'll still have to pay a % of that to his handlers depending on what deal he signed originally. They'll both be giving a % of the purse to their promoters. Probably not as bad as the Stiverne Don King contract where he was losing almost 50% of his purse though.
        http://*********************.com/ber...ng-promotions/
        Why would Povetkin's promoter give himself back a cut from the purse he won? He'll pay trainers etc yes but Wilder will be giving up a large chunk of that purse to Haymon and his management team. Wilder is bringing nothing to this fight, no fans or PPV. Povetkin is bringing the fans and Russian PPV so his promoter will make the purse money back from that. The gate and PPV for this will be huge and Wilder won't get ANY cut of that. I'd imagine Povetkin will get some though

Comment

• Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
          I AGREE THEY ARE DIVAS
          "slitting the money up" tells me wilder and his promoter offered them fair money and they took less just to go to a purse bid they knew they could outbid on even if they lost money...

all they want is for wilder to drop...
          They won the purse bid, they can hold the fight where they want to. I'm only three pages into the thread and already you must have a dozen posts crying how its not fair. If they didn't want to go to Russia they should've bid higher at the purse bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
            I don't think it matters past home advantage. Nothing about this fight or the fighters tells me it's going the distance.
            Wilder's power is overrated at elite level. If Povetkin can handle clean blows from the Steelhammer, he can handle Bum Squad's punches.

Nobody thought that Stiverne-Wilder would go 12, and Stiverne was basically a punching bag in that fight. I can definitely see it going 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              The "chicken legs Wilder" was first branded by myself -- back in 2013...
              Lol. Cruel, but funny.

I think I was the first person to call Wilder's resume the "bum squad"

Never saw anybody else saying it before me.

"Beyonce" is another funny one. I think Shannon Briggs came up with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
                Wilder's power is overrated at elite level. If Povetkin can handle clean blows from the Steelhammer, he can handle Bum Squad's punches.

Nobody thought that Stiverne-Wilder would go 12, and Stiverne was basically a punching bag in that fight. I can definitely see it going 12.
                It's hard to say as Wilder hasn't been in with an elite fighter. I don't think it will go 12 because I think Wilder will crumble under the pressure, make more mistakes than he usually does and get Ko'd within 4 rounds. I'm sticking to that prediction

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  Lol. Cruel, but funny.

I think I was the first person to call Wilder's resume the "bum squad"

Never saw anybody else saying it before me.

"Beyonce" is another funny one. I think Shannon Briggs came up with that.
                  ... I stopped laughing at Wilder because of his poor daughter...

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    ... I stopped laughing at Wilder because of his poor daughter...
                    Wilder seems like a nice guy.

He was genuinely worried about Szpilka after KOing him and I'm going to be rooting for him to beat Povetkin so he can keep his date with Tyson Fury, here in the UK.

Some of his fans are very annoying though.

Comment

• I thought for sure they would make a deal and stage the fight in Barclays or MSG.

I hope Wilder goes to Russia and doesn't drop the belt.

Comment

Working...
                      X