Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latinos who live here in the states....are you a proud American?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whether born in Mexico or the US I would be a proud "American". To answer the question at hand I was born in Cali and raised in both countries up until 14, where I moved back and remained in the US. Since both my parents are Mexican and I was raised in a household where Spanish was the only language taught and spoken at home, I love my roots. I love knowing where I come from, how I got here... Being able to eat salsa de molcajete y tortillas hechas a mano,etc. Yet i'd be foolish to say im not a proud US citizen. Not only has this country provided my family with a better life, but a sense of security that provides us those salsas and tortillas everyday. I am a very proud Mexican - American and I will die that way.

Comment

I am. I am proud of my country, my family and who I am. All together.

I never mention it but my older brother joined the Marines, I am proud of him too.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
        Whether born in Mexico or the US I would be a proud "American". To answer the question at hand I was born in Cali and raised in both countries up until 14, where I moved back and remained in the US. Since both my parents are Mexican and I was raised in a household where Spanish was the only language taught and spoken at home, I love my roots. I love knowing where I come from, how I got here... Being able to eat salsa de molcajete y tortillas hechas a mano,etc. Yet i'd be foolish to say im not a proud US citizen. Not only has this country provided my family with a better life, but a sense of security that provides us those salsas and tortillas everyday. I am a very proud Mexican - American and I will die that way.
        Originally posted by Danieltapia View Post
        I am. I am proud of my country, my family and who I am. All together.

I never mention it but my older brother joined the Marines, I am proud of him too.
        DaGREENS!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X