No announcement yet.

Official Klitschko-Wach & Helenius-Williams RbR & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paulf View Post
    Helenius' best wins are wayyyyyy past it versions of Sam Peter and Chris Byrd, and it's probably going to stay that way. Guy is not a bad fighter, but he is a total hypejob. Arreola would **** him up.
    Before the Chisora fight, Helenius was a candidate for FOTY in 2011.

What other prospects have better wins the Helenius before the Chisora fight?

Price, Fury, Wilder, Mitchel; who?

The K2 bros have a monopoly making it damn near impossible to get a solid win. Anyone you beat at this point has either already been KO'd/TKO'd, over the hill or just flat out hasn't done anything.

Helenius "was" one of the top prospects to contest the K2 bros. That's all done and gone now.
    Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 11-10-2012, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• Frank Malony is an absolute c*nt! What disgraceful comments from him about Klitschko not caring about Steward. Literally shocked me he would be so disrespectful.

Both him and Tim Witherspoon were ridiculously over critical of Wlad's performance.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Frank Malony is an absolute c*nt! What disgraceful comments from him about Klitschko not caring about Steward. Literally shocked me he would be so disrespectful.

Both him and Tim Witherspoon were ridiculously over critical of Wlad's performance.
          I didn't hear him say that, but if I did I probabay would've thrown the remote at the tv.

Completely classless and disrespectful.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            I didn't hear him say that, but if I did I probabay would've thrown the remote at the tv.

Tim Witherspoon said something along the lines of "Maybe if Manny was there he would stepped it up a little"

Then Frank Maloney said something along the lines of "No I disagree. I don't think Wladimir cares too much. I think he's just thinking - 'Now I don't have to pay that extra 10% to Manny' ".

I'm paraphrasing but that's basically what he said.

Shocking and disgusting comments.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Tim Witherspoon said something along the lines of "Maybe if Manny was there he would stepped it up a little"

Then Frank Maloney said something along the lines of "No I disagree. I don't think Wladimir cares too much. I think he's just thinking - 'Now I don't have to pay that extra 10% to Manny' ".

I'm paraphrasing but that's basically what he said.

Shocking and disgusting comments.
              Yea, that's what I heard. I couldn't believe it. That's a damn shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by {Darko} View Post
                  Such disgraceful comments.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...vyweight-belts

HAMBURG, Germany -- Wladimir Klitschko retained his WBA, IBF and WBO heavyweight titles, unanimously outpointing Poland's Mariusz Wach on Saturday night.

The 6-foot-7½ Wach was the tallest opponent Klitschko has faced in his 16-year professional career, but offered little threat against the faster Ukrainian.

The judges scored it 120-107, 120-107 and 119-109 for Klitschko, who was troubled only at the end of the fifth round, when Wach surprised him with a right hook before a flurry of punches.

More From ESPN.com
                    Despite Mariusz Wach's concrete chin, heavyweight champ Wladimir Klitschko rolled to his 13th straight defense and showed he can stand on his own Saturday in Germany, write Dan Rafael. Blog

"He caught me in the fifth, but then I slipped," said Klitschko, who was left with a small cut under his left eye.

Klitschko left the 32-year-old Wach wobbling in the seventh with a devastating right followed by a series of combinations. Wach displayed incredible stamina to continue.

"That was the hardest fight of my career," Wach said after his first loss. "I want to apologize to everyone for not living up to expectations. I really wanted to win. Thank you so much to my family."

The 36-year-old Klitschko improved to 59-3 (51 KOs), and Wach dropped to 27-1 (15 KOs).

Klitschko said Wach "boxed brilliantly."

Klitschko was fighting for the first time since the death of his longtime trainer and friend Emanuel Steward.

"I want to remember one man, who can't be here today unfortunately. Emanuel Steward, we miss you, we're thinking of you," Klitschko said.

Fans also paid tribute to the late American before the bout when the bell was rung 10 times in his memory. Steward, who was in Klitschko's corner for nine years, died at the age of 68 on Oct. 25.

"It was hard for (Wladimir), very hard," said Vitali Klitschko, referring to his younger brother's preparations following Steward's death.

The older Klitschko, who holds the WBC belt, said the fight "was unbelievably brutal. (Wach) just didn't want to fall. He somehow kept standing."

Sylvester Stallone greeted fans beforehand as part of the promotional campaign for the Rocky musical which opens in Hamburg on Nov. 18.

Comment

• In Germany 53.7% of the TV audience watched Klitschko-Wach yesterday. This is Wlad's 4th highest RTL rating ever.

Compare this to Wlad's all-time lowest 41.5% against Tony Thompson in July.

http://www.allboxing.ru/archives/2012-11-11_12_01.html

(an even higher percentage of people watch both Klitschkos' fights in Ukraine on IHTEP).

Comment

Working...
                      X