Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a Boxer get away with not doing any roadwork just by jumping rope for 40 minutes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
    David Haye was very keen on running, he has stated that if he was not a boxer 'He would of fancied himself as a 100 meter sprinter'.

David Haye was not keen on long continuous running etc

Some of his sprint workouts are stuff of legend, Adam Booth once had him do a fitness test which consisted of 100 x 100 meter sprints with ether walk back recovery or 30 second recovery 'All of them had to be completed in under 15-14 seconds'. In fact I don't even think this was a fitness test, it was apart of his regime in one of his camps.

David Haye also trained with Dwayne Ladejo a former internal 400 meter sprinter 'I believe for his fight vs Enzo Maccarinelli'.
    This is very true. He did plenty of explosive sprinting. He wasn't keen on distance running.

The thread starter would have no doubt been inferring skipping as an alternative to distance running, rather than sprint drills.

As a distance runner myself I have a very hard time believing the 100 x 100m drill though; with 30secs or walk recovery! That would equate to 10k at under 4 min per mile pace in one workout.......the expression would be 'utter horse****'.

Believe what you will!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
      This is very true. He did plenty of explosive sprinting. He wasn't keen on distance running.

The thread starter would have no doubt been inferring skipping as an alternative to distance running, rather than sprint drills.

As a distance runner myself I have a very hard time believing the 100 x 100m drill though; with 30secs or walk recovery! That would equate to 10k at under 4 min per mile pace in one workout.......the expression would be 'utter horse****'.

Believe what you will!!!
      David Haye has done 100 x 100 meter sprints all under 15 seconds, it may have been even faster 'I will find the documentation'.

I am not sure what the recovery was, could of been 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Check this out, OTHERS are also aware of David Haye's training exploits.

Yes I remember now David Haye could complete 100 x 100 m sprints in under 15 seconds with 30 second recovery 'If you really want to find out if this is the truth, ask Adam Booth' He will for sure validate this workout.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=455357
      Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 08-02-2020, 02:20 PM.

Comment

David Haye has done 100 x 100 meter sprints all under 15 seconds, it may have been even faster 'I will find the documentation'.

I am not sure what the recovery was, could of been 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Check this out, OTHERS are also aware of David Haye's training exploits.

Yes I remember now David Haye could complete 100 x 100 m sprints in under 15 seconds with 30 second recovery 'If you really want to find out if this is the truth, ask Adam Booth' He will for sure validate this workout.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=455357
        I can't wait!

Not with 30 second recoveries non stop. 100 x 100 metres!

10 x 100m is pretty tricky with a sub 15 second average and only 30 seconds between each set.

Please......just for fun, give it a go at your nearest track......and then imagine 100 of them.

The chances of injury are enormous!!

I'm not convinced I could accept David Haye doing even 50 x 100m with that recovery. I personally do 24x 200m with 1 min rest and a 32 sec average.

But even for a world class cruiserweight, 100 x 100m with just 30sec or walk to start recovery is too far fetched.

I think I'd need some solid proof, not online thread ballyhoo......

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
          I can't wait!

Not with 30 second recoveries non stop. 100 x 100 metres!

10 x 100m is pretty tricky with a sub 15 second average and only 30 seconds between each set.

Please......just for fun, give it a go at your nearest track......and then imagine 100 of them.

The chances of injury are enormous!!

I'm not convinced I could accept David Haye doing even 50 x 100m with that recovery. I personally do 24x 200m with 1 min rest and a 32 sec average.

But even for a world class cruiserweight, 100 x 100m with just 30sec or walk to start recovery is too far fetched.

I think I'd need some solid proof, not online thread ballyhoo......
          Ask Adam Booth on his social media, and he will validate the workout 'I believe it must of been a fitness test'.

I am not the only person to recall this workout from Haye.

Comment

Ask Adam Booth on his social media, and he will validate the workout 'I believe it must of been a fitness test'.

I am not the only person to recall this workout from Haye.
            I did find reference to it on another thread. It was an exact copy of the opening post of the link you originally sent. It looks like it was from a magazine.....possibly a typo or even a ploy to intimidate Haye's next opponent (Booth was sharp on mind games too).

I'm not doubting you. I'm doubting Haye's performance over that workout.

I'm not a social media expert and wouldn't know how to address Adam Booth personally. I'm not convinced I'd believe him!

Honestly; it's a mind blowing feat. To someone with track/distance running knowledgeable, it's too far fetched! Haye's in ring stamina was never that impressive over 12 rounds.

Comment

Working...
            X