No announcement yet.

Fighter of the Year Nominations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
    The fighter of the year rightfully belongs to the winner if it is a clear winner of Lom/Rigo because of the 2 gold medals each of them have and the historical significance of that and the high skill level of each.
    I agree 100 percent my friend. Nothing else but to but sit back and watch History Be made!

Comment

• The poll will currently be composed of:

Crawford

Rungvisai

Golovkin

Joshua

I know many will change their top 3 based on the Loma/Rigo fight, so do not forget to message me with your new nominations.

Comment

• 1) Crawford unifying all 4 belts doesn't happen too often...
        2) Anthony Joshua for beating Klitschko & Takam...
        3) Mairis Briedis with wins over Huck & Mike Perez in the 1st round of the CW tourney...

I don't watch too many other weight classes outside the HW division...

Comment

• crawford, unified all titles
          sor, beat #1 p4p, twice
          if loma beats rigo, arum will fight hard to get loma the fighter of the year award

Comment

• wrong thread

Comment

• Its unquestionably lomachenko now

Comment

• Lomachenko or Crawford for me.

Comment

• People have failed to message me but I'm guessing there will be a lot of guys wanting to change their lists, so I will add Loma to the poll regardless, with the top 5 nominations now being:

Crawford
                  Rungvisai
                  Golovkin
                  Joshua
                  Loma

My vote will be going to AJ and TC/Rung stay in my top 3.

So poll will be up in a bit.

Comment

• I think Vasyl Lomachenko is the best fighter in the world right now.

But based on 2017 alone, I'm going to pick GGG. A lot of why I have Loma rated #1 right now comes from the quality of his resume coming into the year.

Quality of opposition is something I weigh heavily. And Prime Jacobs + prime Canelo >>> Rigo + Sosa + Marriaga easily.
                    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 12-11-2017, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• Badou Jack or Lomachenko

Jack cuz he basically ruined top champ in his division James Degale and got robbed even after pummeling him and now he's a shell of his former self and then moved up and beat a top 10 fighter at 175 and a champ in Cleverly by complete destruction!

Jack should've been unified champ at 168 and a 2 division champ since beating Cleverly for the WBA an now he going after Stevenson!..

Loma cuz he did beat a champ in Sosa who for some reason had to drop his title to fight Loma instead of it being a unification, not only beat him but school and destroyed him!

Then gave the fight that the REAL BOXING FANS were asking for when even he didn't want it for valid real and understandable reasons! Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux

Not only did he take the fight unlike the guys around Rigos division who ducks him, he completely embarrassed a top 5 or 10 p4p guy who's a legendary fighter and even gave a same day weight clause!

We mostly knew Rigo was gonna lose but none of ever fathomed that Loma would make him quit!

Making Rigodeaux quit has to be the most impressive win in the year!

Comment

Working...
                      X