Its sad but true.

Comment

Just like Ali made Liston QUIT

Just like Leonard made Duran QUIT

Lomachenko made Rigo QUIT!!

Mentally BROKE !!

Easy fight !

Comment

So was his hand really hurt? I taped the fight and watched a little bit of it at a club/sports bar. My cousin was having his birthday party at his bar but I couldn't really watch it like I wanted to. He didn't look hurt or beat up, but I can kind of tell that he may of been losing the fight, with the combined few minutes I was watching. But I read that he had an injury. I'm wondering if there's any truth to it. I might watch it this weekend, but I'm not all that interested because he quit. I'd rather him dare to be great and go out on his shield. He already have some excuses going into the fight of he lost, but quitting is not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
          I could give him a pass if he was getting beat up or was seriously hurt - but he wasn't. He was barely hurt. It would have been better, certainly for his image, if he would have just been DQ'd for excessive holding.
          It crossed my mind that he would go for the DQ after the first point deduction - but a shocker when his corner started to go for the tape on his hands. At first I was confused and thought they were trying to loosen it for some reason so the ref would have to stop the action to get the tape redone - simply couldn't believe he was bowing out.

You're right, if he was getting pounded on like Sosa was, then that was fair for his corner to pull him, but he quit because he couldn't see a way of turning the tide. He knew that the ref. was taking away his only way of avoiding punishment by coming out of the bent-over stance into a clinch, and had no other answers to what Loma was doing.

So maybe understandable in a way as Rigo knows more about boxing than we will ever know, and if he knew he had no answers, then just stay in the corner and avoid the brain damage. You could see Loma's brain ticking over on how to do more damage when Rigo doubled over into his shell, and just a matter of time - I think Rigo knew that. Still thought he would go for the DQ though.

Comment

Sad but his legacy is forever stained!

RigoSensei has become RigoNoMas!

No one worth a damn is gonna fight him at 126 or 122 STILL, too much risk and NO reward!

I felt Pedro Diaz should've been working on inside fighting for Rigo in the camp if his usual setting up traps from below and come with a left up top or decoy left and yhen straight left doesn't work!

Loma doesn't like bodywork and i feel that was Rigo's best chances after from what I saw in Round 3!

Comment

I’m rolling with Rigo on this one. Rigo had all the odds against him from the start, then when the ref got involved to dictate how Rigo will fight.. then what the hell. Take the crumb without punishment. F#$@ you all was his thought.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                Hyde is correct, Rigo quit !

but, he was also correct when he said this.....

Personally I would never have allowed Rigo take this fight at 130lb. Rigo is a very small guy and sometimes weighs 119lb. I would have loved to pitch Rigo against Lomachenko three years ago at a lower weight of 126 and when Rigo wasn’t so old. 37 is really old, more so in the lighter weights.".

“In my opinion Rigo is every bit as good as Loma. Actually I believe they are equal in terms of talent but Rigo is two weight categories lighter and nine years older. Rigo got $400k for the fight which is by any standards a complete rip off. Maybe he was just sick of boxing and getting the wrong end of the stick. So sick that he just said ‘to hell with it.
                "
                Genuinely think he should have stayed with Hyde

Comment

Where's the love for RIGO!
                  Come on, he jump from two weight classes, he can't do it so he quit.
                  Why wait to be KO like Khan.

Comment

IT hurts me to say it
                    Rigo quit , it was humiliating, embarrassing to watch.
                    I would have rather seen rigo being koed than quitting like that .
                    I never thought he would that , never did in more than 400 fights .

No excuses, rigo and his camp took the fight , I thought rigo would ko Loma , but it was a quitting that happened. Rigo got mentally broken .....

Rigondeaux will forever be my fighter, even though this fight ended like this . I feel sorry for him , he should be totally ashamed....

He took the fight , he should have fought till the end ...

It is sad .. really devastating for him and his fans ...

I will always remember him as a great , defensive fighter, but I will never forgive that he quit in a big time show ...

Hit and not be hit ; you can not hit what you don’t see .

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      This will scar his legacy forever. He quit in the big moment of his career. And, it was a "I don't wanna do this" quit. It was a life changing decision he made.
                      Gawdamn, this comment gave me chills!!

Sidenote, its one thing to quit. Its a completely other, to be Regarded as a boxing God, and talk so much trash, and quit like that? This was one of the most shocking things I have ever seen in my life.

Comment

Working...
                      X