Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nate Diaz is all over US talk shows, all over the news. MMA has over taken boxing :(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighters like Tyson & pac got me interested in boxing as a sport, and mcgregor got me into MMA as a sport, so I'm one of those. But I'm so stoked bc it opened a new world of real athletes over the years to me.
    Anyway, I've found myself jumping on the ******ed bandwagon where it's either boxing or MMA, with zero room for overlap. Life is nuanced for anyone uses his brain.
    McGregor/Diaz was the ****. Hands-down. Canelo/GGG should be taking notes bc "marinating" fights is as dead as it should be. Stars emerge when fighters challenge each other (esp in a culture of immediacy).
    Damn, that **** was good.

Comment

Boxing lack structure and real sporting integrity. It's inexcusable that guys like Broner and Garcia are refusing to fight someone like Pacquiao, Canelo wanting to wait to fight GGG while fighting in mismatches, top 5 fighters only fighting 1-2 times a year etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
        You have to take into consideration this was a complete classic that we witnessed last night it was up there with Gatti and Ward and I don't care how diehard you are as a boxing fan Conor McGregor Vs Nate Diaz 2 was an absolute action packed great fight.

It's crazy because the rematch generated so much attention Imagine If they do it a third time after how great the fight was I mean could they apply even more viewings the safe bet is probably yes.

The amazing part is how they generated Diaz vs McGregor almost out of no where. There was no long winded process. Mcgregor needed a last min opponent and took the fight 15 pounds above his scheduled fight. Who the **** does that? Could you imagine if Mayweather had a fight schedule for 150 and then a week before the fight he gets an opponent change and accepts the fight at 165?

Guys like McGregor play with house money and just don't give a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by fathergll View Post
          The amazing part is how they generated Diaz vs McGregor almost out of no where. There was no long winded process. Mcgregor needed a last min opponent and took the fight 15 pounds above his scheduled fight. Who the **** does that? Could you imagine if Mayweather had a fight schedule for 150 and then a week before the fight he gets an opponent change and accepts the fight at 165?

Guys like McGregor play with house money and just don't give a ****.
          Yeah for real that takes some gigantic balls I was rooting for Nate the first time but for the rematch I had to give support to Conor that guy has more nuts to him than anyone in boxing you just wont ever see any top guy in our sport do what he did maybe the lower guys who have nothing to lose but not the top dogs like Ward, Kovalev, GGG etc...

I wish we could have some top guys in the sport who were like that Fury is basically a trashy fat ***** boring idiotic version of Conor.

Comment

Boxing orgs, and the fans, destroyed this sport. Corrupt and rotten alphabet organizations have sapped this once great sport for all of it's worth - and accordingly, people are shifting their focus to the new hit thing.

Fans need to find a way to reverse the tide - and that starts with speaking with your wallet. Follow exciting fighters and young prospects intently. Don't hand over money for garbage fights. The only way to stop craptastic things like Wilder beating up on everyone's fat grandma, is to not turn up and not watch it.

PEOPLE POWER!

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
              Unfortunately it seems that boxing's lack of great fights and stars, due to Floyd's handling of his time at the top and the damp squib that was Pac-May, has caused UFC to really over take boxing.

Their brand is now far stronger than boxing I think, and they're getting all the shine.

Can any American lads speak about the relative hype surrounding each sport on average in the USA?
              So basically this is just another "blame Floyd" thread made by a Pac fan. MMA will never be as big as boxing.

Comment

Working...
              X