US boxers who lost abroad and ran back home for the rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US boxers who lost abroad and ran back home for the rematch

Let's compile a list:

1). Sugar Ray Leonard: he lost to Roberto Duran in Montreal but took the rematch to New Orleans in his country. Never returned to the scene of the crime.

2). Sugar Ray Robinson: he lost to Randy Turpin in London but took the rematch to new York in his own country.

Add more if you can find any.

Max Baer lost to Tommy Farr in London then whooped his ass in New York

Comment

we have best fighters in boxing history USA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
        we have best fighters in boxing history USA!!!
        All the more reason to throw them a bone.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
          Max Baer lost to Tommy Farr in London then whooped his ass in New York
          They all always get their arses beat in London. LMAO.

What happened to returning to the scene of crime?

KillaMane26 my jigga from the other side of the pond, why are you boxers so cowardly and soft that they always run back home when they get pummelled outside America? These guys are sweet like the soda they drink, lol

Comment

the worst fan base in boxing strikes again with another terrible thread

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
              the worst fan base in boxing strikes again with another terrible thread
              Don't group me with suckers. I don't belong to any fan base - I'm a one-man havoc army doing me. I'm like Lady Justice and I'm bring equity and fairness to humanity.

Anyway, why didn't these boxers return to the scene of the crime? They ran back home with their tails between their legs.

Comment

Well let's see.

Manny Pacquiao moved to Beverly Hills (making him a de facto US fighter) before he fought Floyd.

Went to Australia and got his ass whooped by Jeff Horn. Ducked the rematch and never went back.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  Well let's see.

Manny Pacquiao moved to Beverly Hills (making him a de facto US fighter) before he fought Floyd.

Went to Australia and got his ass whooped by Jeff Horn. Ducked the rematch and never went back.
                  LMAO. Even Pacroid with all the juice in his system. SMH.

I guess returning to the scene of the crime is only applicable to one boxer, the rest get passes. SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                    They all always get their arses beat in London. LMAO.

What happened to returning to the scene of crime?

KillaMane26 my jigga from the other side of the pond, why are you boxers so cowardly and soft that they always run back home when they get pummelled outside America? These guys are sweet like the soda they drink, lol
                    Probably because it's hard to find the Ls in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                    X