Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

155! or 154-168 easy! Which one sucks more?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
    Everyday Canelo is saying stupid sh;t that makes it look like hes ducking big time. But hey, let see... He has a MW belt, so yes, hes a 160 champion.. 155 division doesnt exist. How many fights he had at 155 so far? He acts like its a division... I understand CWs but at some point, u have to wonder why he does it. Why is he fighting Khan? A weak chinned WW???

Canelo is a MW and is body is more than ready. Hes skilled enough to make it interesting vs GGG so drop the belt or fight the man..
    Originally posted by Russ. View Post
    Well because multiple times canelo has said he wont fight gg at 160 only at 155. Also has said he isnt a real middleweight (bull****). So he wants to hold the MW belt, but he doesnt want to fight the mandatory at MW?

Also team GGG wanted the fight right after canelo beat cotto but canelo and his team asked for a negotation extension, AKA didnt want to fight.
    Just so you guys know, 155 is MW. 160 is the MW LIMIT. Meaning 160.1 is SMW. Canelo doesn't owe Golovkin concessions on the weight, he should allow Golovkin to come in anything under 160, but he doesn't HAVE TO. And he shouldn't because HE's NEVER WEIGHED IN THERE.

It's that simple, really. I could see if he has tested the waters there before, for someone else, but HE HASNT. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
      Just so you guys know, 155 is MW. 160 is the MW LIMIT. Meaning 160.1 is SMW. Canelo doesn't owe Golovkin concessions on the weight, he should allow Golovkin to come in anything under 160, but he doesn't HAVE TO. And he shouldn't because HE's NEVER WEIGHED IN THERE.

It's that simple, really. I could see if he has tested the waters there before, for someone else, but HE HASNT. Period.
      155 isnt middleweight its a catchweight, 154 is JMW and 160 is MW there is no weight class in between. Thats like saying anything from 148 to 153 is welterweight lol.

Comment

155 isnt middleweight its a catchweight, 154 is JMW and 160 is MW there is no weight class in between. Thats like saying anything from 148 to 153 is welterweight lol.
        No, that would be JMW fool.

So, tell me why you can fight for a MW title and weigh less than 160? They don't force you to be 160 at the weigh in , anything under. It's the limit.

Comment

So, tell me why you can fight for a MW title and weigh less than 160? They don't force you to be 160 at the weigh in , anything under. It's the limit.
          Because its catchweight lol. So tell me if 155 is middweight? Then how come it isnt listed as a weight class? and how come you never see fighters weighing in at 155 for a middleweight fight unless its a CW?

hmmm i dont think 155 is listed as a weight class your story doesnt add up.
          Last edited by RussB23; 03-25-2016, 08:18 PM.

Comment

tested what water? This guy been fighting at Caneloweight for way too many fights. I know u love Canelo, we get it. But the guy is a MW. Hes as big if not bigger than GGG. Just stop it man lol. How many fights he needs at 155? He will have to drop the belt than. Its pretty stupid cause it would have been a great matchup.

Canelo the 155 champ lol. 'test the water lol. Hes been testing it for awhile now. Maybe he should move up to 156 for his next fight, dont u think?

Comment

are you really this stupid? GGG is the MANDATORY challenger. That means Canelito has 3 options:

1. Make a revenue split deal and fight GGG at 160

2. Make a revenue split deal and fight GGG at a catchweight

3. Vacate / get stripped

Those are his choices. The only "leverage" Canelo has here is money. Thats it. All the other leverage is on GGGs side.

Comment

Because its catchweight lol. So tell me if 155 is middweight? Then how come it isnt listed as a weight class? and how come you never see fighters weighing in at 155 for a middleweight fight unless its a CW?

hmmm i dont think 155 is listed as a weight class your story doesnt add up.
                Those are the weight limits full. Limits, meaning 155-160 is the weight class for middleweight. Why can't you understand that?

Comment

Those are the weight limits full. Limits, meaning 155-160 is the weight class for middleweight. Why can't you understand that?
                  It's a catchweight the moment Canelo asks his opponents to fight at 155. Canelo can weigh anything he wants, the problem, obviously, is demanding his mandatory to fight at his preferred weight of 155. But you know that already.

Comment

yea meaning if you come in at 155 for a middlweight fight you cant fight lol. 155 isnt middlweight. 160 is and thats what you have to weigh unless its a catchweight aka caneloweight. I mean dude your a canelo fan thats cool but dont act like caneloweight is a weight class it isnt

Comment

This isnt that difficult. The rules state the middleweight division spans from 154.1 to 160.0. Canelo, ***** that he is, is trying to change that definition to 154.1 to 155.0.

Cant you understand that?

Comment

Working...
                      X