No announcement yet.

Usyk is bodybagged by any top 5 hw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zmerai Khan View Post
    Well, he had his hands full with Bellew - and don't expect Usyk to salvage a fight the same way against the Titans.

If this were 1918, not 2018, you'd be on to a relevant point. But obviously there's a lot left on his odometer. Unless, of course, he finds himself career-shortening tilts at HW.
    I can't the 'Titans' taking the initiative and/or being able to outbox in the opening rounds like Bellew though.

Need to see how Usyk deals with rangey oponents at pro level and how not having to make weight translates to his power and mobility before making credible predictions.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
      lol mate, you said the same thing about Canelo and Golovkin.

Actually WATCH the fights, you'll be either be more or less disappointed depending on who you're cheering for.

BTW the HWs are the slowest, stiffest and sloppiest fighters in the sport. Usyk, who is likely being drained having to cut weight to fight at cruiserweight will still be able to keep his superior movement on top of just being a better boxer and faster than anyone in that weight class.

If there is a fighter that would trouble him, it's Fury. Because Fury knows how to tie up smaller fighters and can slow down the pace of a fight. Plus he'd have a huge height advantage over Usyk.

But I just saw 6'0 Povetkin light up Anthony Joshua. I saw Szpilka, Gerald Washington and Luis Ortiz win several rounds over Wilder before getting stopped.

The HWs are very, very vulnerable and can lose on any given night.
      detect a pattern yet???

all these guys "win rounds" off wilder but always end up losing on their rear ends......

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        The guy is a tool. I recommend not to waste time on him at all.

Look at this self praise:

After that would it then be reasonable to expect this trash:

In other words dude is not taking age and experience into account and he somehow omits the obvious comparison which isn't Spinks but Holyfield.
        It's adorable how butt-hurt you get.

Spinks was a bonafide LHw. One of the greatest ever, in fact. He outgrew the division (both figuratively and literally), and went on to soundly defeat one of the greatest Hw champions of all time, in larry holmes. Maybe he was better above 175, but he was too undersized to be the greatest big man for very long.

Conversely Holyfield was a true Hw, and a very inconsistent one.

Comment

This forum has gone so down hill. It was always bad ever since I joined but now it's embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
            lol bellew hit him virtually at will and he is not known for his accuracy
            Maybe UK PPV (it was that right) works differently than the USA DAZN version because that isn't what I saw. "Hit him virtually at will", as you Brits say that is utter "rubbish".
            Last edited by Diego Rodriguez; 11-12-2018, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
              I can't the 'Titans' taking the initiative and/or being able to outbox in the opening rounds like Bellew though.

Need to see how Usyk deals with rangey oponents at pro level and how not having to make weight translates to his power and mobility before making credible predictions.

That's a great post and really nails the perspective we should all share.

I do think Fury out-boxes him, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                detect a pattern yet???

all these guys "win rounds" off wilder but always end up losing on their rear ends......
                Yeah, people try to ***** on Wilder, but the results speak for himself. It's like playing Russian Roulette: the odds are very much in your favor, but eventually your head will go splat.

I don't see the need for Usyk to take that risk right now. A bird in hand..., as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by Zmerai Khan View Post
                  Oh stupid me. How could I have forgotten!?
                  Usyk blew him out in the first round. Complete one-sided drubbing.

And here I was oddly recalling that Usyk had been down on points.
                  Fans like you are the problem. He didn’t knock him out early so he’s trash.

I’m sure you had it 114-114 in the Usyk/Gassiev match, because it went twelve rounds so both guys are garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    Fans like you are the problem. He didn’t knock him out early so he’s trash.

I’m sure you had it 114-114 in the Usyk/Gassiev match, because it went twelve rounds so both guys are garbage.
                    Do you have Down's Syndrome?

Seriously, if you cant reason like an adult stay off online discussion boards, and stick to Lincoln Logs.

Usyk is a great fighter. And being "small" might prove to his advantage. Bulking up and avoiding the weight-cut could prove advantageous, as well. There's potentially a lot going for him if he moves to Hw. But he also clearly lacks the obvious tools needed to be favored against that division's best. Even if the smart money backs him late, he's hardly a clear favorite. You have to be stupid to deny that.

Look at what happened to killers like Hearns, Gomez and Foster when they made a (poorly-timed) leap too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                      This forum has gone so down hill. It was always bad ever since I joined but now it's embarrassing.
                      100% might as well be a gay **** forum and not a boxing forum

Comment

Working...
                      X