Joshua is new Prince Naseem Hamed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshua is new Prince Naseem Hamed

Naseem was the exact same in a different package

Its too much hype and too much excitement with these guys and it always ends badly.

Just look at the strengths and ignore the weaknesses. Its actually worse with Joshua as he has fairly pronounced flaws that his fans just totally write off as a non issue.

I can see him breaking down mentally after a devastating loss just like what happened with Naseem
    Last edited by g27region; 11-11-2018, 06:22 PM.

i don't think Naseem was a hypejob.

There's absolutely no shame in losing a UD to that version of Barrera. Naseem's lack of training, weight problem and hand troubles by that point are well documented too.if Naz was a hypejob, he would've been beaten before that point. He beat some solid fighters.

Just because you're a big name and lost a fight, it doesn't mean you're a hype job. it just means you're a big name and lost to another good fighter...

Even if Joshua got whacked by wilder, it wouldn't mean he's a hype job. He's just a massive draw and a very solid heavyweight in the context of the current scene. i don't think hardcore boxing fans hype AJ. Nobody that knows the game thinks he's special. He has a massive casual fanbase that don't understand that but that is what it is.

The word hype job is way overused. A hype job would be someone that doesn't get to their level.

Being popular and being hyped are two different things.
    Last edited by TheBigLug; 11-11-2018, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Weird comparison, but I guess you aren't wrong in neither guy sucking yet their hype putting them higher then maybe they should be.

Comment

Joshua is the #1 Heavyweight in the world for a reason. He's earned that spot. He proved that he is very mentally tough when he came back from being knocked down and hurt against Klitschko. Of course he has some flaws but calling him all "hype" is just ridiculous. And Hamed wasn't a hypejob he just lost to an all time great fighter in Barrera.
        Last edited by pillowfists98; 11-11-2018, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
          Joshua is the #1 Heavyweight in the world for a reason. .
          the reason:

hasn't boxed usyk yet

Comment

riiiiiiiight a student of the sport being compared to a clown who never put in the hard work.

what a dull topic

Comment

Aj has been a good champion who fights top 5 world ranked contenders and champion Parker. He has been good enough to win almost all his fights by KO flaws an all. I have no reason to believe he would quit boxing in his prime if he lost a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishDiscussion View Post
                the reason:

hasn't boxed usyk yet
                And usyk hasnt boxed a single heavyweight contest yet.

That's like me saying my uncle is the best uncle but won't be for long because my aunt might grow a dick.

Comment

Hamed always got too much stick for that loss to Barrera. I think it was an overreaction to the pre-fight odds and expectations.

He got beaten one sided by an ATG smack bam in the middle of Barrera's prime. We have seen other HOF'ers get similar shellackings and in some cases much worse and not take anywhere near the same blowback

As far as Joshua goes, I don't see the comparison, Nas resume wasn't brilliant but underrated, he was a child prodigy who won his first strap at 21 and was probably the finished article by 23-24, he beat several former, reigning and future world champs...

Joshua was a late starter who has made a very impressive start to his pro career and is still very much improving.

The only similarity they have is the drawing power...but I don't think a lot of people look at Joshua and say, 'wow this guy could be the greatest' I think most realise he is a step down in quality from Lennox but he has the potential to be the best of his generation.

Comment

Working...
                  X