No announcement yet.

Thurman would beat Spence and shock you guys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KayDub View Post
    Spence still needs to face a puncher before I can ever lean his way.

Right now I lean towards Thurman since he's more proven, but based on the eye test I think this is a 50/50 fight.
    What puncher has Thurman faced??

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Outrun? Algieri got dropped 6 times by Pacquiao, lolol....you call that outrunning? Pac took pitty on him and coasted down the stretch, he could have easily stopped Algieri had he chosen to.
      Nonsense! Pacquiao was at a point where he hadn't a KO in years and was being called into question because of it. Not to mention that roach been predicting KO's since the last KO, aint no way they didn't want to get that KO. They didn't get it because they couldn't, plain and simple.

Comment

Thurman is a good fighter and Spence looks like he can be hit. Spence is skilled also, an could hurt Thurman to the body you would imagine.

Right now, i'd slightly lean to Thurman. It's a fight id like to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
          There's no way in hell Porter has quicker feet than Spence, it aint even close! Did you see how quickly Spence closed down Algieri when he tried to run just prior to the end of the fight? This is the same Algieri that was able to outrun Pacquiao and continously chase down Khan. Sure Thurman is probably faster than Algieri on his feet, but hell nah Porter is faster than Spence, I can't even fathom in what world such a thing is possible.
          Cutting off the ring better doesn't mean quicker feet, Porter is clearly quicker on his feet.

Comment

Not sure how this one would go since Spence is still unproven, on top of that Spence brings a better offense than anyone Thurman has faced. As a fan of Thurman, I like his chances because Spence stands too straight up, doesn't move his head/ upper body, Thurman's overhand rights can find it's target.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
              Not sure how this one would go since Spence is still unproven, on top of that Spence brings a better offense than anyone Thurman has faced. As a fan of Thurman, I like his chances because Spence stands too straight up, doesn't move his head/ upper body, Thurman's overhand rights can find it's target.
              The problem for Keith is I don't think he's better than Spence at any range, so regardless of whether or not Spence can cut the ring off and get close to Keith, I think he's gonna get the better of it, not by a lot, but I think he's better inside and outside. Thurman's best chance would be to circle Spence and shoot from angles.

I do think it'll be competitive though, Thurman will land his shots and won't go down without a fight, we've already seen that.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                The problem for Keith is I don't think he's better than Spence at any range, so regardless of whether or not Spence can cut the ring off and get close to Keith, I think he's gonna get the better of it, not by a lot, but I think he's better inside and outside. Thurman's best chance would be to circle Spence and shoot from angles.

I do think it'll be competitive though, Thurman will land his shots and won't go down without a fight, we've already seen that.
                Thurman is good at getting under punches and forcing fighters to smother their attack, I don't think he'll get beat up on in the ropes. Just something about Thurman's looping shots that makes me like his chances. It's difficult to really make a prediction when Spence is yet to face a puncher, let alone a fighter of Thurman's quality.

Comment

I don't think that would be a huge shock. Thurman would prob be the betting favorite

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    What puncher has Thurman faced??
                    Diego Chavez is a solid puncher

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                      Thurman is good at getting under punches and forcing fighters to smother their attack, I don't think he'll get beat up on in the ropes. Just something about Thurman's looping shots that makes me like his chances. It's difficult to really make a prediction when Spence is yet to face a puncher, let alone a fighter of Thurman's quality.
                      it's definitely an intriguing fight and nowhere near the destruction people are predicting, it has a Matthysse vs Garcia feel to it

Comment

Working...
                      X