Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Amir Khan shock the boxing world and upset Canelo Alvarez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan is getting folded like a lawn chair.

Canelo is a coward.

/thread.

Comment

Canelo would beat him if they were the same size... Now add to that the fact he is heavier. Khan isn't that small though I wouldnt be surprised if he comes in solid and he looks good while he lasts. He probably will come in light.

The problem is that even though Canelo has slow feet, he has faster hands and reflexes than...maybe any Khan opponent not named Zab Judah. Khan isn't a pot shotter like Floyd and doesnt have the defensive instincts OR chin. Canelo's defense has drastically improved and he mostly uses his upper body which leaves him in the pocket with his feet set for sharp fast counters. Canelo is likely looking to make a statement before a GGG bout and will probably be ultra aggressive...couple that with Khan's magnetic chin for left hooks and this could be terrible for him. Khan CAN NOT fight at his normal pace and try to ambush him with combinations and get out or clinch. Anything more than a quick 1-2 and he's in immediate imminent danger because Canelo isn't just sharp, but he has great fighting instincts so Khan WILL lose any exchange.... If he clinches, Canelo will walk him to the ropes and peel him off or just destroy his ribs from a clinch...

I'm not even sure Khan can outbox him from long range. Canelo is a class above Khan. Barring some sneaky shenanigans in the first round where he catches Canelo cold and KOs him (lol) with something Canelo doesn't see then I don't know how it's possible. Khan should be allowed to roid for this fight because even then his odds only improve by like 4%. Lol

Comment

Absolutely not.

He's going to get beat up and stopped pretty early. It's a crazy mismatch that his team are going to regret. I know he'll get well paid, but his father is going to have to sit ringside and watch his son get bludgeoned.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Bad examples. Douglas was at least a heavyweight not moving up several divisions, nor did he have a horrible chin. Hopkins was the man at 160. Oscar looked like garbage at 150 against Forbes (i don't know why people forget this) and hadn't fought at 147 in almost 8 years.

This would require more than a miracle
          They are not bad examples, each time someone won in the fight, they were huge underdogs. Douglas was such an underdog, some bookies refused to take a bet.

Oscar did look crap versus Forbes but Pacquiao was effectively moving up 2 divisions and most in the sport were calling for the fight to be called off and many were calling it a simple cash grab (sounds just like Khan/Canelo).

In terms of Bhop, may be you don't realise this but he was an underdog against a guy who had destroyed opponents across 3 weight divisions, Hopkins was also in his mid 30s. It was supposed to be his last hurrah against the then most destructive force in the sport.

These are all relevant examples, not exactly the same (that would be impossible) but they all tell the same story.

Again, I repeat, it's unlikely.

Comment

Blatant spam.

Khan has no chance i'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
            X