No announcement yet.

Ali was a underrated movie.Great opening scene with Sam Cooke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali was a underrated movie.Great opening scene with Sam Cooke

I enjoyed it.. especially how they integrated Sam Cooke and his music into various sequences of Ali..

Will Smith is underrated.

I like Raging Bull too.

yes
    55.17%
    Nah.
    44.83%
    Last edited by Skittlez; 02-07-2013, 04:22 AM.

Ali was indeed a great movie. But I don't agree with what you say about Raging Bull, that was an amazing movie too.

Comment

i hate will smith but i thought he did a alright job in portraying the man where the rest of the movie was so so, i agree it is an underated movie..

Comment

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
        i hate will smith but i thought he did a alright job in portraying the man where the rest of the movie was so so, i agree it is an underated movie..
        Actually ya you are right.. the rest of the movie was good but not great.

but this opening sequence is just shockingly haunting.. It incorporates so much rich history, struggles, cultural beauty and boxing all into one time frame without using words...

Comment

Raging Bull is one of the best films ever.

Ali was a good film. Smith did a great job, and had a daunting task to portray one of the most iconic athletes in sports history.

Voight did well as Howard too. Both got Oscar nominations.

Comment

i'm in the unpopular crowd who don't ultimately enjoy Raging Bull (although it is amazing visually and Cathy Moriarty is excellent), because it's truly a movie more about Scorsese and De Niro's hangups and pretensions than it is about LaMotta. Scorsese projecting his catholicism onto Jake (a man who had no interest in God) was repellent, for example. De Niro did a fair job on catching some outward essence of Jake (for which he was praised by the man himself), but he did a poor job on catching the soul, even in the movie's most ostensibly excoriating scenes.

Ali is a movie i didn't need to see. the wealth of Ali documentary material available always rendered it redundant, for me. the real thing will always be more remarkable. i just could never get up for watching it.
            Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-04-2013, 12:14 AM.

Comment

I never really liked ali. To me it sounded more like will smith was doing an ali impression than trying to "be the person"

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
                I never really liked ali. To me it sounded more like will smith was doing an ali impression than trying to "be the person"
                This...and the movie itself was overrated.

Comment

A Lennox Lewis movie would be more impressive right, Skittlez?

Comment

The sound track was great. The movie was terribly boring and redundant. Will Smith wasnt believeable. To me eveything wa wrong down to the promotion. Will just wasnt the guy at the end of the day.

Comment

Working...
                    X