Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For ones I agree with Arum on this. "Floyd style is for blocking right hand fighters"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
    heed your own advice.

your "stats" are based purely on opinions, and they hold no merit in what actually happens. pac is a limited fighter with certain assets, but overall he extremely limited and you know this. am i saying floyd will walk through him? no way. am i saying floyd will figure him out quick and make him look subpar? more than likely.

but this is all hearsay and we will have to wait and see.

poor spoon over here is hoping you can back him up so he doesnt look like an idiot, but i dont think jesus himself can help that little fella...

at least you attempt to provide facts and knowledge, the only thing he knows how to say is "duck, retreat, *****, pacquiao"

My stats are based on compubox numbers, the only way you can dispute them is to dispute compubox. Every fight has strengths and weaknesses, Pacquiao is no different and neither is Floyd. Pacquiao and Martinez both carry a lot of advantages over Floyd and this one of the reasons why I know they have what it takes to beat him.

What do you think Pacquiao's weaknesses are? What are his technical deficiencies?

I want a little more than he has trouble with counter punchers

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      My stats are based on compubox numbers, the only way you can dispute them is to dispute compubox. Every fight has strengths and weaknesses, Pacquiao is no different and neither is Floyd. Pacquiao and Martinez both carry a lot of advantages over Floyd and this one of the reasons why I know they have what it takes to beat him.

What do you think Pacquiao's weaknesses are? What are his technical deficiencies?

I want a little more than he has trouble with counter punchers
      dont talk to me about compubox numbers when you clearly stated that jabs dont count in measuring accuracy, and you did say that, and your compubox science that you tried to prove pac is more accurate than floyd, is more twisted than twizzlers.

now...hmmm, lets see, pacs weaknesses:

-cannot box
      -poor defense
      -poor timing
      -wild punches
      -poor balance
      -no inside game
      -no adjusting
      -1 dimensional
      -cookie cutter fighting style (it has worked well, may or not been as a result of juice, could not comment)
      -hands drop alot

...to name a few. what are floyds weaknesses? he isnt as good against southpaws as orthodox fighters. acknowledged! what else?

Comment

dont talk to me about compubox numbers when you clearly stated that jabs dont count in measuring accuracy, and you did say that, and your compubox science that you tried to prove pac is more accurate than floyd, is more twisted than twizzlers.

-cannot box
        -poor defense
        -poor timing
        -wild punches
        -poor balance
        -no inside game
        -no adjusting
        -1 dimensional
        -cookie cutter fighting style (it has worked well, may or not been as a result of juice, could not comment)
        -hands drop alot

...to name a few. what are floyds weaknesses? he isnt as good against southpaws as orthodox fighters. acknowledged! what else?

-cannot box: If Pacquiao can't box then Usain Bolt can't run. You really think Pacquiao can't box? Shame on you if you really do.

-poor defense: Do you even know what defensive skills Pacquiao has at his disposal?

-poor timing: Damn if Pacquiao has poor timing and has his accuracy around 50% when he gets good timing he can't miss. When leather is being thrown there is no one better at picking the KO punch.

-wild punches: Not a weakness. Needs to be more wild had lost a bit in recent years. It is an intangible for him.

-poor balance. Not so. Rarely gets out of position anymore, always primed to throw.

-no inside game: Great foot work stops fighter getting to close and if they do he got the power to keep them at bay. Hatton and Cotto tried to fight Pacquiao on the inside and paid a heavy price.

-no adjusting: Rarely needs to do this but has counter punched at times, used the right hook when the straight left not working, changed the pace.

-1 dimensional: Have you watched the fight with Oscar, Clottey, Cotto, Margarito and Mosley? How many styles do yoy see?

-cookie cutter fighting style (it has worked well, may or not been as a result of juice, could not comment) See above.

-hands drop alot: When?

Comment

-

-no inside game: Great foot work stops fighter getting to close and if they do he got the power to keep them at bay. Hatton and Cotto tried to fight Pacquiao on the inside and paid a heavy price.

- When?
          The price Cotto paid was the price of not being able to keep the fight on the inside and therefore having Pac's in and out style get the better of him.

You are right about his footwork making up for any weaknesses on the inside though, which basically means that the only way his lack of infighting is a problem is if it would be the most prudent strategy in a fight.

If Floyd fights from an extremely low stance firing jabs and occasional 1-2's, it's going to be really tricky for Manny to use that in and out style.

Comment

-cannot box
            -poor defense
            -poor timing
            -wild punches
            -poor balance
            -no inside game
            -no adjusting
            -1 dimensional
            -hands drop alot

lmao owned

I still find it hilarious that this d4carnation idiot still said that jabs don't count lmao and then went on to get owned in his own thread

that thread should be on a sticky for people to laugh at

Comment

-cannot box: If Pacquiao can't box then Usain Bolt can't run. You really think Pacquiao can't box? Shame on you if you really do.

-poor defense: Do you even know what defensive skills Pacquiao has at his disposal?

-poor timing: Damn if Pacquiao has poor timing and has his accuracy around 50% when he gets good timing he can't miss. When leather is being thrown there is no one better at picking the KO punch.

-wild punches: Not a weakness. Needs to be more wild had lost a bit in recent years. It is an intangible for him.

-poor balance. Not so. Rarely gets out of position anymore, always primed to throw.

-no adjusting: Rarely needs to do this but has counter punched at times, used the right hook when the straight left not working, changed the pace.

-1 dimensional: Have you watched the fight with Oscar, Clottey, Cotto, Margarito and Mosley? How many styles do yoy see?

-cookie cutter fighting style (it has worked well, may or not been as a result of juice, could not comment) See above.

-hands drop alot: When?

uhh no lol. pac cannot box, he can fight. he has poor balance and his punches are wild, which can be good or bad depending on who hes fighting. he is one dimensional because he does the same thing in every fight, in and out, off balance, wild punches that HURT, with speed. i have not seen him adjust not only because he hasnt had to, but because he cannot. pac counterpunches? when?

and yes, he has a cookie cutter fighting style, same as amir, and same as freddie roach fighters. is pac a bad fighter cuz of it? hell no. but he is not as good of a boxer as floyd. if u wanna say hes stronger or faster, whatever, thats debatable, but he is not a better fighter. sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by Primera View Post
                lmao owned

I still find it hilarious that this d4carnation idiot still said that jabs don't count lmao and then went on to get owned in his own thread

that thread should be on a sticky for people to laugh at
                sometimes when you're wrong and cannot quite see it, you say silly things to get your point across. most of the loons on here eat it up, but its silly for the rest of us.

D4 is not a full loon, he knows somewhat about the sport and fighters, but some stuff that he says is either trolling or just out of pure hatred, which happens to be not true. Like the jabs dont count for measuring accuracy thing he said. whatever, hes aight...

Comment

• Father and son, Floyd Sr and Jr, actually support Arum's theory. So I'd rather believe them than mere fans. If Jr keeps avoiding the one-dimensional midget, then it must be true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
                    Father and son, Floyd Sr and Jr, actually support Arum's theory. So I'd rather believe them than mere fans. If Jr keeps avoiding the one-dimensional midget, then it must be true.
                    father and son also believe manny is juicing, and I tend to believe them more than mere fans. It MUST be true then, yes?

Comment

father and son also believe manny is juicing, and I tend to believe them more than mere fans. It MUST be true then, yes?
                      How is that relevant? You're just actually proving my point. That means father and son acknowledge that Pacman is really that good. If you demand extra testing, what else could it mean other than you're impressed to the point of avoiding the fight. First time I've heard of it I was like, "Wow. He's really that impressed with Pac, huh?" What am I missing?

Comment

Working...
                      X