No announcement yet.

Can Freddie Roach save Ronda Rousey?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
    And yes Gina Carano > Rousey in the looks department.

Carano was so damn sexy.

Rousey, however, is a naturally, classically pretty woman, and is certainly out of your league.

That's not Gina, her ass isn't that big and well toned. It's Jaime Koeppe.

Comment

Always thought Roach was kinda overrated, only famous cuz of Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
        Dont compare Carano with Rousey. Carano has always been beautiful. Rousey isn't.

The ¨pretty¨ SNL version of Rousey is a product of make-up artists, hair dressers and airbrush graphical artists

Anyone with good vision can see through the disguise, the fat cow is ugly (homely looking at best), and unfeminine as ****

She'd be like the third ugliest chick I've ever ****ed
        Rousey is not ugly at all. She is most likely out of your league. I guarantee she is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$trO View Post
          To add to your points

In my podcast recap of the fight I recommended roach as her striking coach because he is offensive minded and she is also offensive minded. The belief is sometimes a good offense can be your defense (some times)..

I also believe striking is becoming the #1 asset in the UFC again. I would argue some of the best fighters have a striking advantage. Connor, TJ, Cody, US Cowboy etc.

again MMA striking is different from boxing and boxing defense is not applicable to MMA as you will get kicked in your lead leg or have your arm broken from a kick if you are in the high guard stance..
          Well said.

A good offense can definitely be a good defense; the way Pac utilized his offense from that stretch of fights - Hatton through Bradley - he had one of the better "hit and not get hit" percentages in boxing (per compubox - take that for what it's worth - but I think it's definitely worth something - gives us SOME type of objective measuring stick).

He was great at sliding under punches, and his use of angles made him hard to hit.

Of course he wasn't that hard to hit when he would "take off" - he'd stand there with a high-guard and let his opponents tee off at times. but in MMA, as you said, you gotta remain fluid - and Roach is great at keepings fighters offensively fluid.

Comment

Originally posted by Bald Shavers View Post
            When I looked on Google Maps, I learned that the boxing gym Ronda Rousey trains in (named Glendale Boxing Club) is just 20 minutes drive away from Freddie Roach's Wild Card Gym in Hollywood.

Just drive west on Los Feliz Boulevard until it turns into Western Ave. headed South. Then turn right on Hollywood Boulevard. Next, turn left on Vine. Keep going until you see Lexington. Shift to the right lane then enter the mall. If you find yourself on Santa Monica Boulevard, you just missed it. Take a U-turn somewhere than go back.

Easy trip. What do you think?
            Ronda Rousey's biggest whole in her game is being cogent enough on her feet, to then get into position to let her judo take over.

Freddie Roach is an offensive coach who seems to relish shootouts. Manny Pacquiao has his jumpy in/out style, but even that got Pacquiao ****ed up.

If you honestly believe that Freddie has it in himself to teach Ronda how to defensively get inside of a striker (let alone use her own striking to set up her judo arsenal), that's on you.

I have my doubts.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
              That's not Gina, her ass isn't that big and well toned. It's Jaime Koeppe.

Holy shyte you're right!

LOL - I've been thinking that was Carano for years now!!

This is Carano, though, yes?

Comment

Holy shyte you're right!

LOL - I've been thinking that was Carano for years now!!

This is Carano, though, yes?

I know I thought so too lol. That pic is also Jaime I believe, notice the tramp stamp.
                Edit: Says Jaimeonline on the right, her ass is distracting.

Comment

And yes Gina Carano > Rousey in the looks department.

Carano was so damn sexy.

Rousey, however, is a naturally, classically pretty woman, and is certainly out of your league.

hate to break it to you, but that ain't her. this whole time you've been jerkin off to a look-a-like. this was confirmed on an MMA forum waaay back. someone tweeted the pic to Carano and she said it wasn't her and that she had a much smaller booty.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    Maybe but she needs a striking coach that understands the MMA striking / grappling transitions bc MMA uses different distances and employs kicks and grappling . She needs someone that knows how to get her in those position to get the fight to the ground with minimal striking . Basic boxng is good but thats not her game , she needs a slick takedown trainer who can teach shoots from the outside to mix things up a bit and not rely solely on judo throws . Her striking isnt exactly the problem either its her defense and knowing when to get out of the pocket ....these are minor adjustments that could be the difference between getting your hand raised or not .
                    Awesome post. its all about the distance, if one looks at the fight and reads this post one will understand exactly why things happened the way they did. I could not believe how out of position Ronda was, she was right in the sweet spot for a cracking shot at all times. She eventually broke down psychologically probably because she could not defend from that distance. She started to wave her arms and panic.

Its about transitioning to her strengths, as said, getting out of the pocket and using distance properly. One thing I would teach her right away would be to use her back foot. Why square up to take a punch? Sure head movement helps a great deal, but by the time she was moving her head Amanda was moving it for her! Better to angle and shift weight back...put shoulder and an arm in front of you that the puncher has to move around, and giving you time to jab, backfist, or move.

Juggs is absolutely right that ortho boxing does not address the full spectrum of transitioning into shoots and throws.

Comment

Ronda Rousey should go and train in Floyd Mayweather's gym! I also think it would be a great marketing move for her business wise aswell, a Blonde woman being mentored and trained by a gym full of brothers! This would widen her fan base and support considerably....

Which is something maybe she needs at this point in her career, as she seems to be a very sensitive woman in that department.
                      Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 01-03-2017, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X