No announcement yet.

Whose For Single Payer Healthcare in the USA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whose For Single Payer Healthcare in the USA

I personally am, or atleast a model similar to Australia's where both could be used. Government is there to fund the basic necessities of its people, roads, schools, military, etc... I don't see a greater basic necessity than healthcare. I don't mind paying an extra 2-5% on my taxes to make sure everyone in this country gets adequate healthcare, not to mention that 2-5% is what it would cost me now for one of these stupid plans that don't even cover full amounts of hospital/Dr. Visits. What are your thoughts on the issue?
    Yes
    80.00%
    No
    20.00%
    Last edited by Enayze; 07-15-2016, 11:25 PM.

I wouldn't mind it. Thought that was what Obama was going to push through... but instead he caved to the wishes of the big insurance and pharmaceutical companies.

Comment

**** that, everybody needs to pay for their own damn healthcare. I get enough taken out in taxes as it is

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
        **** that, everybody needs to pay for their own damn healthcare. I get enough taken out in taxes as it is
        Unless you're quite rich it won't make any real difference to you.

For example if you earn 80k a year in Aus you pay about $1500 Medicare levy.

Now that means you (and everyone else) can see a dr for free, get surgery for free(can be a long wait for elective ) get $200k cancer treatment for free. Basically everything you get with medium level insurance over there, which isn't going to mix chepser than $1500 a year.

The only difference is very high income earners pay a lot more and low income earners pay less.

if your rich then you have plenty of cash anyway so that's just being greedy isn't it ?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          I wouldn't mind it. Thought that was what Obama was going to push through... but instead he caved to the wishes of the big insurance and pharmaceutical companies.
          Believe me he always intended to "cave" to the wishes of the big insurance and pharma companies. His plan was first proposed by Romney in Massachusetts.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
            You don't understand, paying for your own insurance would be identical or more to it being taken out of your taxes. If you're paying the median $300 a month for health insurance, that is an equivalent to a 7% tax on a 50K a year salary.

Comment

Working...
            X