Help on muhammad ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on muhammad ali

Hey guys,

Doing a research project on Ali. Know of any good sites where to get good info on his career? Also looking for stuff like how he influenced America, why he was awardfed sportsperson of the year, his influence on vietnam war etc. Any good indepth sites?

Thanks.

I've never came across any good sites online looking for Ali info. But you know that big building with lots of books; a "library"? You should go there sometime.

LOL, I don't mean to come off as a smart-ass, just that my teacher said that to me today.

Seriously though, there's one book called "Muhammad Ali's Greatest Fight: Muhammad Ali vs. the United States" That's a really good book on his political views and stuff.

No good info on Ali online on any websites I ever came across.

Comment

I swear by
      http://www.wikipedia.org/ for everything

It has alot on Ali but I'm not sure specifically what your looking for but if it doesn't there are links at the bottom...

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMarcianofan00
        I swear by
        http://www.wikipedia.org/ for everything

It has alot on Ali but I'm not sure specifically what your looking for but if it doesn't there are links at the bottom...
        I agree Wikipedia is awesome but sometimes for large 5+ page reports, they don't have enough info. I use Wikipedia to learn some info on my own time but I would never go to it for a report. I use books for those.

Comment

Try the Thomas Hauser biography of Ali, that's a good career overview. Also, King Of the World by David Remnick is a great book with a lot of info on Ali. There's a book called Ghost of Manilla, (I forget the author's name offhand) but it seems like a great analysis of the relationship between Ali and Frazier. It's one of those books I always flip through in the bookstore and one of these days will get, but from what I've seen seems to be a very good book. There are a lot of books out there on Ali, also a lot of DVDs covering periods of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by jason100x
            Try the Thomas Hauser biography of Ali, that's a good career overview. Also, King Of the World by David Remnick is a great book with a lot of info on Ali. There's a book called Ghost of Manilla, (I forget the author's name offhand) but it seems like a great analysis of the relationship between Ali and Frazier. It's one of those books I always flip through in the bookstore and one of these days will get, but from what I've seen seems to be a very good book. There are a lot of books out there on Ali, also a lot of DVDs covering periods of his career.
            Major BUMP. I used to own that book and was a really good read.

Comment

Yeah, I remember it being one of the best boxing related books I have read. Unfortunately I can't find my copy, I'll have to dig through a lot of books and stuff to find it because now I want to reread it.

Comment

Originally posted by NJFighter91
                I agree Wikipedia is awesome but sometimes for large 5+ page reports, they don't have enough info. I use Wikipedia to learn some info on my own time but I would never go to it for a report. I use books for those.
                Of Course-
                I don't like using the internet for reports so much anyway, books will always be better just because its alot harder to Publish a book then publish a website, people can put whatever they want on a website but in a book has to be proven.

I only use the internet for side learning, forums, **** like that....

( :bukkake: )

Books are always much better to rely on....

Comment

Originally posted by NJFighter91
                  Seriously though, there's one book called "Muhammad Ali's Greatest Fight: Muhammad Ali vs. the United States" That's a really good book on his political views and stuff.
                  I agree. I really think that book will be great for your report. It's worth reading too.

Comment

"Soul of a Butterfly" is another good one.

Comment

Working...
                    X