• Show
Clear All

But Khan won the first two rounds doe.

Comment

Nah, canelo is ducking GGG like he ducks regular sized condoms

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
        Take off the Rose tainted glasses for a minute

Lemeiux vs. Tapia. This may have been worse than the main event. You got Tapia who hasn't fought in a year and got stopped in his last fight. His first fight at middleweight, they throw him in with a puncher. Why didn't Stevens & Lemeiux fight and Tapia & Teixera fight? That would've made more sense.

The second fight. A glass jaw WW who's been stopped twice by smaller and lesser fighters that Canelo. Oh yea, he's also coming off a one year layoff. Oscar picked the WW with who hasn't fought a top WW since he entered the division. And also hasn't stopped a WW. He didn't look giid against Algieri and a case can be made that that fight was a draw. Why didn't Oscar pick a JMW since Canelo isn't really a MW (BS!)

I've never been a Khan fan & I've taken Canelo's side over GGG's. I've said GGG should drop to 155 and fight him. After seeing Khan laid out like that, **** CANELO. That **** wasn't no better than Garcia-Salka. EVERYBODY PICKED CANELO TO WIN BY KO BECAUSE OF KHAN'S CHIN! So why wasn't this fight treated like Garcia-Salka? We all started off criticizing this fight because we knew Khan would get KO'd. What happened? Why did this fight gain legitimacy? What happened last night was exactly what we all said when the fight was announced.

GGG might be fighting bums but at least they're full MW bums. I'm with team GGG now, 160 or nothing. Let Canelo keep hiding at 155. Who else is he gonna fight next? Canelo needs GGG now as bad as GGG needs Khan. The MW division ain't good. He ain't going nowhere near a top 5 JMW. Any top 5 JMW will beat him. So it's Pacquiao? Yea OK. Check the ratings for a MW who hasn't fought since September and who can make 157, because Canelo gotta get acclimated to the MW division before fighting GGG. If grind acclimated is do important why did they pick a guy who wasn't acclimated to the division last night?

I'm team GGG now, 160 or give him his belt, and I hope he knocks Canelo head off.
        Yea I know, it's painfully obvious what Canelo and his team were up to with picking Khan. Right now, the win seems legit and up's his stock as a dangerous guy around 154. But as time goes on, that fight will be looked back on as pitiful. Why would what seems to be an iron chinned, 175lb, king of boxing and the best around pull up a small welterweight who has proven to be very weak chinned. The writing was on the wall the whole time and it's pathetic that this fight looked good from the perspective of Garcia clocking him out at 140. It just screams all around weakness from Canelo's side. To be going so strong from a UD against Cotto winning the lineal middleweight crown and then immediately jump down to a easy fight.

Best case scenario I can think of for making this fight and still making GB look good is they thought, this is our last chance to really cash out on a money fight with a guy from 147. Khan brings the most out of everyone around that weight in regards to numbers. He is the most gifted and entertaining of the bunch and most accomplished. He's also the only one we can land a fight with (everyone else under Haymon and not in position to make big career decisions). If he get's hit with a power shot from someone with power he is probably done...but let's just disregard that. Floyd and Pacquiao don't seem to be fighting again. Let's shoot Khan an offer and see if he bites. Plus winning will be a subtle **** you to Haymon...even though this will probably get spun and make his stock bigger as the one guy in the mix to fight Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
          didn't know that... but if true then very sad
          Here it is. Click the link or forward the video to 8:05 First he talks about how they picked Kirkland because he was inactive. Then he talks about how they picked Angulo, "took a frog and fattened him up for a snake".

https://youtu.be/xLrES2PHvho?t=8m5s

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            Here it is. Click the link or forward the video to 8:05 First he talks about how they picked Kirkland because he was inactive. Then he talks about how they picked Angulo, "took a frog and fattened him up for a snake".

https://youtu.be/xLrES2PHvho?t=8m5s

interesting stuff... green K sent for quality post and research... never thought i'd send you a green K with the amount crap you spew. (what i consider crap at least)...

Comment

Working...
            X