Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone sell me on Golovkin? What's the hype about?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golovkin isn't that good
    but he's an exciting puncher to watch, that's all that matters
    skilled guys should be able to beat him
    just love guys who get KO's and don't let the judges talk
    Martinez is about done, GGG would beat him if given the chance
    Quillin should be favored if they met up after the Macklin fight

Comment

Originally posted by mezoomozaa View Post
      I don't understand why people are talking high like this about GGG and Matthysse !!
      I am ok to ba a fan of both one day , but till the moment I can't see anything special indeed !!
      for boxers like Rigondeaux , I felt how much he is special from the first look

40-year-old Martinez still beats GGG , and at least 5 boxers in the devision of Matthyse beat him too .
      He already has 2 L in his record , one of them is a REAL LOSS to Alexander , Maidana beats him , Khan beats him , even the poor Garcia may have a chance

and if we talks about division up and down to Matthysse , the number may reach 10-15
      how can a boxer with all this hype get fantasy 10-15 L !!
      and you base this on what?!

There is no man who can claim who would win that fight. But after the last performance more would say GGG beats him.

It's easy to be fan of the super star rather than someone who still needs the real chance to prove himself. One needs an eye to spot the real deal and many believe (myself included) that GGG is that.

Only thing he needs is OPPORTUNITY!

As soon he gets it you'll come back with his photo in your avatar.

People are not high on GGG because of his legacy but of his skillset and his power which is pretty obvious regardless whom he fought.

Comment

I think GGG is the best middleweight in the world and could probably beat any 168 pounder. I watched him in the same fights you did. If you don't think he is anything special then that's what you think. I can't make you think he is great if you already have your mind made up that he is not that good. Fans have different opinions of the same fighter and that is just the way it is. I make money betting on Matthysse, Canelo, and GGG but if I am wrong I'll lose money. You could always bet money against GGG if you think he is overrated. In the meanwhile I will enjoy him racking up another brutal KO of a top 10 rated middleweight while Martinez continues to avoid him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
          Golovkin isn't that good
          I have to agree.

Comment

Just watch him this Saturday and you'll understand what's all this hype about

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
              I've seen him fight and he seems decent, but why am I not buying into the hype? He had a good amateur background, but what makes GGG special? The man is what 31 and being groomed like an up and comer at that age? He's beating guys that are C class fighters like Rosado and Ishida and his biggest win is against a European fighter named Proksa. He's beaten fighters in Japan and Europe, but I don't understand why people treat him as if he is P4P already? Kid Chocolate has a better resume than Golovkin. He would seem impressive with the class of fighters he's beaten if he were in his early 20's, but he's in his 30's. Even if Golovkin beats Macklin that still doesn't put him over Kid Chocolate.

Kid Chocolate's last five fights:
              Fernando Guerrero 25-1-0
              Hassan N'Dam 27-0-0
              Winky Wright 51-5-1
              Craig McEwan 19-1-0
              Jason LeHoullier 21-5-1

Golovkin's last five fights:
              Nobuhiro Ishida 24-8-2
              Gabriel Rosado 21-5-0
              Grzegorz Proksa 28-1-0
              Makoto Fuchigami 19-6-0
              Lajuan Simon 23-3-2

quillin is 30 himself.

the hype behind golovkin is mostly centered around his power and the way he fights. he f#cking destroys people. he's a "take no prisoners" type of fighter, in an era of slicksters.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                Golovkin isn't that good
                He's not just an exciting puncher, he has great skills and he cuts off the ring like no one else in this business, his amateur record is 245-5 for christ sake..

Comment

Its hard to build up your resume when all the best fighters dont want to take the risk. Its clear as day kid chocolate doesnt want any parts of GGG

Comment

generally, when somebody makes a thread asking for a fighter to be "sold to them" they already have a set in stone opinion on a fighter.

Comment

Lol u mad this exact post in another golovkin thread. When quillin fights Jacobs he will be P4P #1. Amusing how you try to **** on golovkin by comparing his résumé to one of his duckers resume which is even worse

Comment

Working...
                      X