GSP vs Silva?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSP vs Silva?

Do you think it will happen next?

Both guys have pretty much cleaned their divisions. GSP was in the front row during Silva vs Maia. I was surprised he didn't walk into the octagon and say he was not impressed by Silvas performance.

Do you think it will take place anytime soon? If so, who wins?

If it takes place at 170, GSP wins. If it takes place at 185, Silva takes it. Just make it happen!

Comment

if it takes place at 170, yes I want to see this fight.

I'm most interested to see how GSP(the takedown master) is gonna go about taking Silva down. that to me is the coolest thing about this fight.

Comment

It will happen eventually, although there is no telling when or at what weight.

As far as cleaning out the divisions, I think GSP has cleaned out his more to an extent than Anderson.

GSP has maybe 1 legit challenger left at WW, that being Daley IMO. But even Daley isn't really too much of a threat to GSP.

Anderson still has Belfort and Sonnen.

If we are speaking on the UFC that is.

As far as other orgs I still think Anderson has more threats than GSP.

But either way, I think it will eventually happen but no matter if it's WW or MW. I'm still taking GSP by a lopsided UD and I'll even admit that it will probably be rather stale.

Comment

No I dont want to see this fight. Ive said it before and Ill say it again if Silva fights GSP the fight is over, Silva is too big and people need to know that height, reach and weight matter. Silva fights Light heavys and said himself he wants to move up to heavy. Its a HUGE advantage if he fights a welter. Its not a reward for Silva he has to be punished. Give him Machida since he refused to fight Dana can make this happen as punishment, or give him Evans or Rampage. Give him a bigger opponent not a smaller opponent.

Comment

Oh and he can get GSP if he trains hard and bulks up big but its not enough time. Maybe GSP can hit the gym and awesome mass for 1 or 2 yrs so that he can move up naturally and take the middleweights on.

Comment

The way Dana was talking after Silva-Maia, I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen. It will more than likely be at 170 too because Silva spoke on it.

I personally think if the fight should happen, GSP should have to move up not Silva move down. For two reasons though. The first reason being that GSP would probably own Silva if he decided to cut weight to fight 170, he would sacrifice alot of strength against a guy who will undoubtly take him down. The second reason being GSP should move up anyways, if he is p4p material then he should be able to move up and still have some show of strength and ability.

Since that is what p4p is all about, smaller guys with the skill to beat bigger guys but wouldn't be favored to win because of them being smaller. Penn proved his p4p mettle, Silva proved his p4p mettle, GSP should show what he is about too. But at 185, I would say GSP would get destroyed. Silva doesn't play around with legit opponents.

Just my two cents on the topic.
              Last edited by F l i c k e r; 04-12-2010, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Silva is 6'2

GSP is barely 5'11

Almost impossible for GSP to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Gomez View Post
                  Silva is 6'2

GSP is barely 5'11

Almost impossible for GSP to win.
                  LOL. How does height have anything to do with it?

Comment

If it happens at 170 I think GSP will take it for sure, at 185 I still give a slight edge to GSP but not as much as I would at 170. I think GSP should man up and fight him at 178 or some catch weight in the middle...

Comment

Working...
                    X