Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael Conlan's Pro Run Will Follow The Miguel Cotto Blueprint

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
    He is only 25, he is a world amateur champion, European gold and silver medalist, commonwealth gold if you wanna throw that in 2, and bronze medalist in London who he lost to, Robeisy Ramírez who is an unbelievable fighter from Cuba who beat shakur Stevenson at rio.

Conlan turns professional as a 2015 European and world champion, the same as GGG only GGG won in Asia games and a lot older...

Now time will tell how good he will be, but this "hype" comes from the same "hype" that GGG got/has, and the same "hype" as lomachenko got....
    Their is no doubt his outburst helped along, but either way their was going to be a thing about him turning pro anyway.
    Yeah the same hype as those guys.
    Those guys I saw and immediately thought damn they're special and very interesting.
    Turns out that's correct.
    Conlan i watched and thought, yeah decent fighter. Big difference.
    And true Ramirez is special and I could understand him getting that hype if he turned pro, but Conlan looked awful against him, had nothing to bring to the table, just his usual better than average skills.

Put it this way, watching him failed to stir any emotion in me, only seeing him act like a complete prat made me think anything particular, and for me that is not star quality, just a decent fighter who's a bit of a nob.

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
      Yeah the same hype as those guys.
      Those guys I saw and immediately thought damn they're special and very interesting.
      Turns out that's correct.
      Conlan i watched and thought, yeah decent fighter. Big difference.
      And true Ramirez is special and I could understand him getting that hype if he turned pro, but Conlan looked awful against him, had nothing to bring to the table, just his usual better than average skills.

Put it this way, watching him failed to stir any emotion in me, only seeing him act like a complete prat made me think anything particular, and for me that is not star quality, just a decent fighter who's a bit of a nob.
      Era we will call this "debate" over for the moment haha im obviously gonna support him more after watching him for years on the Irish squad, but I'm sure we will have many more debates on him at a later date after a few fights ha

Comment

The way Bob built Cotton was Sugar and Spice. By that I mean it wasn't easy, Cotto beat a multitude of undefeated fighters and guys that beat him in the Ams but if he made it through he would be a star, which he was.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
          Era we will call this "debate" over for the moment haha im obviously gonna support him more after watching him for years on the Irish squad, but I'm sure we will have many more debates on him at a later date after a few fights ha
          fair enough mate, i hope he turns out special, always like to see a great fighter with a great support

Comment

What happens with Jamie Conlan? Are they gonna have him on these cards?

Comment

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
              GIVING PROPS TO THE PROMOTER THAT HAS KEPT BOXING ALIVE IN AMERICA THE PAST 2 YEARS? THATS WHAT YOU MEAN....

THE ONLY PROMOTER IN THE WORLD WHO HAS GIVEN SO MUCH HIGH LEVEL FREE BOXING TO FANS.... THATS WHO YOU MEAN....

I CAN TELL THE DEMISE OF TOP PRANK IS BURNING YOU UP INSIDE.... THAT INTERNSHIP AT THAT DYING RAT SHIP WONT TAKE YOU ANYWHERE SO I UNDERSTAND YOUR PAIN LIL BUDDY....

ALSO I DONT LIKE GIVING PROPS TO PROMOTERS LIKE ROB ARUM WHO HAVE BEEN INVESTIGATED BY THE FBI FOR FIXING FIGHTS, FOR PAYING FIGHTERS TO TAKE DIVES OR FOR HAVING WAKE WEIGH IN WITH FIXED WEIGHING MACHINES!

GOOGLE IS VERY EASY TO USE IF YOU WANT TO READ ABOUT THE MULTIPLE FBI AND JUSTICE DEPARTMENT INVESTIGATIONS INTO THOSE DIRTY SNAKES OVER AT TOP PRANK...

LIKE I SAID BEFORE, RIP TOP PRANK.....
              Lmfao at your childish antics.
              I could care less about who promotes who, how and where. I grew up in a boxing family, watch all boxing, U.S., Mexico, Euro & amatuer.I go to local shows and huge cards too, PBC, SHOW, HBO, GB, Main Events. I could care less who's promoting the card tbh.

But back to your ******ed argument, I googled the guy you di.ckride, hes been investigated by the FBI, local authorities etc. Also found out he like trannies too, so does that make it truth?

Your arguments are petty af. Youre pissed that you have to pay for show & hbo cause of their boxing cards. I enjoy and can afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
                Lmfao at your childish antics.
                I could care less about who promotes who, how and where. I grew up in a boxing family, watch all boxing, U.S., Mexico, Euro & amatuer.I go to local shows and huge cards too, PBC, SHOW, HBO, GB, Main Events. I could care less who's promoting the card tbh.

But back to your ******ed argument, I googled the guy you di.ckride, hes been investigated by the FBI, local authorities etc. Also found out he like trannies too, so does that make it truth?

Your arguments are petty af. Youre pissed that you have to pay for show & hbo cause of their boxing cards. I enjoy and can afford it.
                SHARE THE LINKS OF AL HAYMON BEING INVESTIGATED.... YOU WONT BECAUSE YOU ARE A LIAR... ALSO THOSE TRANNY LIES ILL WAIT FOR THOSE LINKs.... YOU MIGHT HAVE OSCARINA DE LA **** THE CROSS DRESSER CONFUSED WITH AL HAYMON LMFAO...

BUT HERE ARE THE MULTIPLE FBI INVESTGATIONS INTO ARUM BELOW....

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/jan/09/sports/sp-arum9

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...tigation_x.htm

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2004/ja...op-rank-probe/

http://www.secondsout.com/columns/th...f-the-iceberg1

PROVIDE LINKS OR GO CRY TO OSCARINA DE LA ****

Comment

Is he gonna retire at 30? TR must think this kid is gonna be huge cuz a lil guy is lucky to be making 7 digits per fight only 5yrs into his career.

Comment

he gonna fight people with injured knees then?

Comment

Steve Kim‏ steveucnlive
                      At the Mick Conlan weigh-in. Everything goes well tomorrow night in his pro debut, Arum says a May date in Boston could be next #boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X