Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tito vs Crawford at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trinidad was superior to Crawford in every way. Trinidad wasn't just a killer puncher. He was a complete fighter. He won the world welterweight title at age 20 and held it for 6 and a half years and 15 successful title defenses,12 by KO. Then he won 3 world title fights at 154 and 1 at 160 before losing to Hopkins. That's 40 straight wins with 20 of those wins for a world title. Most of his wins were by KO. Little Gamboa rocked Crawford. Trinidad would knock him out.

Comment

I did not see Tito at 140lbs. But at 147, he will be too strong and tall for Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        Trinidad was superior to Crawford in every way. Trinidad wasn't just a killer puncher. He was a complete fighter. He won the world welterweight title at age 20 and held it for 6 and a half years and 15 successful title defenses,12 by KO. Then he won 3 world title fights at 154 and 1 at 160 before losing to Hopkins. That's 40 straight wins with 20 of those wins for a world title. Most of his wins were by KO. Little Gamboa rocked Crawford. Trinidad would knock him out.
        Tito reminds me of a taller version of Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by Pechorin View Post
          A very undersized Gamboa on bambi legs Rocked him. That is why I think he has a suspect chin.
          he shook anything he took from gamboa off quickly. gamboa was a very explosive athlete and without a doubt hit hard at the weight. power wasn't the reason he had to adjust in that fight. it was the speed.

crawford has fought and been hit by a lot of guys and he's hardly blinked. you're basicall yhe only person i've ever heard calling his chin suspect. FFS he fights one of the more explosive fighter sin boxing at the time and gets moderately wobbled once in his career and all of a sudden his chin is suspect?

if anything you should suspect thathis chin is rock solid, because that's exactly what it's been.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            he shook anything he took from gamboa off quickly. gamboa was a very explosive athlete and without a doubt hit hard at the weight. power wasn't the reason he had to adjust in that fight. it was the speed.

crawford has fought and been hit by a lot of guys and he's hardly blinked. you're basicall yhe only person i've ever heard calling his chin suspect. FFS he fights one of the more explosive fighter sin boxing at the time and gets moderately wobbled once in his career and all of a sudden his chin is suspect?

if anything you should suspect thathis chin is rock solid, because that's exactly what it's been.
            If Gambia was the same weight he would've won.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              I was a huge Tito fan, but is this really true? Was he faster? Was he more versatile? Did he ever better footwork? Did he have a better jab?

Just off the top of my head Crawford is superior in more than a few ways. Of course Tito was a pinpoint deadly power puncher with a great will.

I see Crawford as more talented and he may go on to be the better fighter, but hypothetically, say as welterweights Tito would be the logical pick knowing what we know today.

FYI, sure Gamboa momentarily rocked Crawford. But light hitting Anthony Stephens dropped Tito and average opponents like Alberto Cortes, Kevin Lueshing also had him down. Not to mention Campas and Carr. Bud would have beaten all those guys easily.
              Last edited by chrisJS; 03-02-2017, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Prime Crawford beats teenage Trinidad. That's basically what you asked. At 147, I think it's a different story.

Comment

Tito in 140 is a kid its not fair ,now Tito can be outboxed but acting like he couldnt box att all is wrong ,he could box well with Whitaker and had big moment with Vargas and Joppy ,i dont think that Terance can hang in 147 now and with Trinidad in 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

Well said, Gamboa is still one heck of a great fighter, still he was not able to drop Crawford once.

haters gonna hate, they can't find any weakness in Crawford game, so they call him a suspect chin. Crawford took the biggest hits from Molina Jr, who is considered to be one of the most powerful puncher at 140, and he took them pretty well.

i suspect Crawford chin is pretty decent, so far there is no reason to believe otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                    X