Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd vs Shane rd 2 or Kov vs Ward rd 2?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd vs Shane rd 2 or Kov vs Ward rd 2?

Who had a worse round? Floyd or Ward? I know it's easy to say Andre because he went down. But let's remember Floyd was hurt badly TWICE in that round and as he was heading back to his corner he was stumbling a little.

Also who made the better recovery in the next round?

In closing this is what really separates a very good fighter from a great one imo. Both Andre and Floyd never allowed those same right-hands to land again. Compare that to Pac against Marquez in their last fight and you see the difference from a technical point of view.

I think Same, both had the heart to come back and win

Comment

Ward was fighting a prime good to great fighter. Floyd was fighting an OLD past prime Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
        Ward was fighting a prime good to great fighter. Floyd was fighting an OLD past prime Mosley.
        Shane had just beaten Margarito, but I digress. The question isn't about the quality of the opposition, it's about who had a worse round and made the better recovery?

Comment

Floyd survived badly hurt against shane mosley

Ward survived badly hurt against Stiff. E . Bum

Comment

I think Ward had it far worse. What really impresses me about the victory is that he got off the floor and fought to get back in the fight and win. That's the stuff they put in movies.

Floyd got caught but after a few seconds, I didn't think it would be much of an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              I think Ward had it far worse. What really impresses me about the victory is that he got off the floor and fought to get back in the fight and win. That's the stuff they put in movies.

Floyd got caught but after a few seconds, I didn't think it would be much of an issue.
              As a Floyd fan I must say that round is the only time I ever felt that defeat was possible. Remember, after the second big shot and Floyd buckled Shane followed him to the ropes and started teeing off aswell. Andre had a bad moment no doubt, but Floyd was staring down the barrel in that round.
              Last edited by Silky-Flow; 11-21-2016, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                Ward certainly reminded me of Rocky Balboa with that performance

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
                  Who would have knocked most 147-154 guys out landing that punch clean , Floyd was hurt a lot more than Ward was .

That Maidana right bomb that Floyd walked into right at the end of the round would have at least dropped most WWs again Floyd never looked like going down .

The punch Corley landed was a bomb Floyd wore that as well .

You are an idiot kid , just a hater talking sht making out you know something about boxing when you dont know jack sht lol .

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
                    Ward certainly reminded me of Rocky Balboa with that performance
                    "I've seen a lot of people hating me...
                    and I didn't know...
                    what to feel about that, so...
                    I guess I didn't like you much either.

During this fight...
                    I seen a lot of changing:
                    the way you felt about me...
                    and the way I felt about you.

In here...
                    there were two guys...
                    killing each other.
                    But I guess that's better than million.

What I'm trying to say is...

if I can change...

and you can change...

everybody can change!

I just want to say one thing to my kid...
                    who should be home sleeping.

Merry Christmas, kid!

I love you!"

Comment

Working...
                    X