Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Andre Ward the most overrated fighter currently?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golovkin is.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
      Groves wouldn't have much of a chance against Ward, lets be real now. I do think certain aspect of Ward's game can be overrated, namely his inside game but I think his ring awareness is too good that it's hard to time him. Definitely the second best fighter in the sport and he performs the part.
      smg gtfo with that nonsense.

Comment

No one has had Froch down like Groves has, NO ONE. Groves is faster and hits harder than Ward.

Ward is physically stronger and better on the inside, but Groves is still the quicker of the two and would beat him.

Comment

Honestly, I do not see Ward fight and think to myself, this guy is amazing. He's boring to me.

Comment

I cant name 3 fighters better than Andre Ward. Mayweather and maybe a Rigondeaux as far as skills are the only 2. I know hes been inactive but cmon if you forgot put on the tape. I might be going out on a limb here but Ward is pretty damn good at boxing just saying.

And Pacquiao being better than Ward? Maybe on Pacland not Earth though.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
              Don't get me wrong he's a good fighter and all, but not p4p number two imo.

He's not as good as Pacquiao, and doesn't have the consistency of Vladimir Klitschko.

He doesn't have the wow factor, his speed isn't that great nor is his power...

His so called ''skillz'' consist of spoiler tactics, what he does well is measure his opponents...

Very overrated if you ask me, I reckon Groves would do a number on him.
              Groves probably wouldn't do a number on him but it would be a good fight.

Had his best, I had Ward P4P No. 2, his best wins are Froch (class win!) and Kessler (dodgy win), but his skill level is such that he beat Froch and wasn't really troubled or competitive till probably the 9th round.

I agree, his skills are mainly jab, hold, headbutt, elbow but I can't envisage too many guys, p4p, beating him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                Honestly, I do not see Ward fight and think to myself, this guy is amazing. He's boring to me.
                Boring is subjective.

He wins. Its not Ward who is boring you its the guy across from him who he is completly nuetralizing.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
                  No one has had Froch down like Groves has, NO ONE. Groves is faster and hits harder than Ward.

Ward is physically stronger and better on the inside, but Groves is still the quicker of the two and would beat him.
                  Not even, don't see what advantages Groves has besides power. He hasn't shown the sharpness to deal with Ward from range, Ward has a stiff solid jab that's now snapping heads, he has deceptively fast feet where he'll use that, get real low and find his way up close. Groves will clinch you but that isn't gonna work against a far more refined infighter who's also physically stronger.

I can safely say that, I don't think YOU think Groves is fuckin' with Ward

Comment

I don't think he is overrated. Not the most exciting to watch but he is a quality operator in what he does.

Comment

Groves is soo good that he lost to James De Gale.

Comment

Working...
                      X