No announcement yet.

Rumor that Canelo will fight Robert Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
    Rumors here, rumors there!!! It will be Floyd vs Guererro! I've been saying this long time ago! Canelo might end up with Cotto! That's golden boy style!!

Floyd fight the beatable one & styles for him to beat! And also Floyd needs Either Mexicans or Puerto ricos money! Canelo needs to be fed with a popular , not prime fighters, Cotto fit the bill
    Why do people think mexicans buy all the ppvs? Chavez jr is a huge mexican star and only did like 450 k. And I bought it to see sergio.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      Surely not. I doubt they'd be thick enough to get another guy coming up from 147, who has just had a big win at 147 after moving up from lower weights before that too.
      It would be truly awful matchmaking from GBP as a promotion too.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
        It would be truly awful matchmaking from GBP as a promotion too.
        It certainly shows the lower weight fighter what they think of him. You have to know as the guy moving up that you are considered as nothing more than fodder for the fighter that they really care about protecting.

I doubt it will go this way though. It's too far.

Comment

Would really be taking advantage of Guerrero's "anyone, anytime" nature. You gotta reward a guy like that and grow his career. Not feed him to your future cash cow. I'd lose all respect for Canelo if he took this fight after everything his management has pulled thus far.

Comment

That is just BS. Canelo would crush him and Guerrero knows it. Guerrero was fighting at 130 not long ago. He has done amazingly well as a welterweight but he won't fight a strong 154 pounder. Mayweather is Guerrero's next fight in May. Canelo will probably fight Trout.

Comment

Man, so many rumors flying around, I ain't believing anything else I hear. I heard all kinds of matchups Floyd vs Guerrero, Floyd vs Canelo, Canelo vs Trout, Canelo vs Guerrero. I'm starting to think they're just mixing names up and starting a rumor.

Comment

This is a video of a guy who claims he has a good source who told him Guerrero-Canelo will happen.

This unnamed source got the news before Boxingscene, Dan Rafael/ESPN, Elie Sechbach, etc.

Yeah, RIGHT.

Comment

I almost feel like they set a date and are holding off announcing who is fighting who to build up the fight. Not sure about you guys but I really cant wait much longer to see who they announce Floyd and Canelo are fighting. I think if Canelo and Robert Guerrero matched up though it would make a good fight I dont think Canelo handles Guerrero as easily as some posters think

Comment

Di Bushbaby will never stfu about it if true.

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer
                      I almost feel like they set a date and are holding off announcing who is fighting who to build up the fight. Not sure about you guys but I really cant wait much longer to see who they announce Floyd and Canelo are fighting. I think if Canelo and Robert Guerrero matched up though it would make a good fight I dont think Canelo handles Guerrero as easily as some posters think
                      WTF? You're nuts. It will be Canelo-Lopez all over again dude. Only way Guerrero has a chance at beating Canelo is if he goes back to his old ways of boxing. But Canelo will eventually catch him and break him down. I refuse to believe people are contemplating this match up.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                      X