No announcement yet.

Most Useless Discipline

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One - Shot View Post
    you are useless too...but i say Shaolin or kungfu tai chi, drunken master are useless...
    lol yep drunken boxing is absolutely ****e. Check this vid Kyokushin v drunken boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by KingoftheAnts View Post
      lol yep drunken boxing is absolutely ****e. Check this vid Kyokushin v drunken boxing.

LMAAAAOOOOO

Comment

hahahahahahah!!! lololololololollolololooolollololollllllllllllll!! !!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          I once got talking to this Brazilian girl who seemed nice, so we said we'd meet up sometime. One day she calls me and says that she's going to central London and would I like to come. That's all she says, no added info or anything, so I assume we'll look around the shops, then have a few drinks, see a movie, something like that.

Instead we meet some friends of hers and go to a capoeira class. After more than an hour of what seemed to be a cross between a martial art and a Village People dance, my feet were hurting so bad that I had to stop, and it hurt to walk for a couple of days afterwards.

The only useful thing I learned was how to do high kicks with better technique and keep my balance whilst doing so. This never came in handy in any situation that I ever found myself in, and I've forgotten it now anyway.

So, if it counts as a discipline, Capoeira gets my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            I once got talking to this Brazilian girl who seemed nice, so we said we'd meet up sometime. One day she calls me and says that she's going to central London and would I like to come. That's all she says, no added info or anything, so I assume we'll look around the shops, then have a few drinks, see a movie, something like that.

Instead we meet some friends of hers and go to a capoeira class. After more than an hour of what seemed to be a cross between a martial art and a Village People dance, my feet were hurting so bad that I had to stop, and it hurt to walk for a couple of days afterwards.

The only useful thing I learned was how to do high kicks with better technique and keep my balance whilst doing so. This never came in handy in any situation that I ever found myself in, and I've forgotten it now anyway.

So, if it counts as a discipline, Capoeira gets my vote.
            the future of mma. all its gonna take is 1 fighter to start using that fighting style and mma is gonna blow up with ppl using that style.

but not just anyone can do capoeira. you have to be a special kind of athlete with great core strength to do that kind of ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
              there we go. that guy isn't a great mma fighter but if someone else can use this style effectively, all I got to say is, UFC is going to be sick.

Comment

Capoeria: Andre Gusmao is a master and uses it to slickly transition fight stances. Confuses the hell out of fighters.

Aikido: If the principals of "The Dynamic Sphere" can be adapted correctly, Aikido could be the best substitute for the shoulder roll.

Comment

WTF that drunken style dude didnt even land a decent attack

Comment

Capoeira is ok, it looks good visiually but its ridiculously impractical unless you're a great athlete and even then you need to be given time and space to do your moves, which a lot of martial arts dont let you do. Thats the reason you dont see much capoeira in mma.

I dont know what that guy who was facing the capoeira guy was doing he just stood off him the whole time, any good fighter would be all over the capoeira guy like a rash before he could get any of them kicks off.

Comment

no discipline is useless.

it is the person that makes an art useless. u could give van gogh and some kid off the street the same tools, but would they still have the same outcome?

hell no. cause one of them actually mastered his craft.

i have met good fighters from shaolin to kempo to boxing. it all depends on the person.

Comment

Working...
                      X