Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What criteria must happen for Floyd to be dropped from #2 P4P?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What criteria must happen for Floyd to be dropped from #2 P4P?

as Max Kellerman has said, Floyd is inactive. what must happen for Floyd to be drop or be omitted from the P4P rankings?

If he is removed from the ranking completely or someone better than him comes along. Do you think fighters like Donaire and Martinez could beat Mayweather if they were the same weight? Most people would answer no so putting them ahead of him on the p4p list makes no sense.

It not a impressive recent win list or a popularity contest.

Comment

I think he should be taken off after a calendar year of inactivity passes. So for me May 1st he should come off, if he has not fought between now and then.

Comment

The criteria to drop him from P4P ranking will all depend on the criteria you have for your own P4P list...

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          If he is removed from the ranking completely or someone better than him comes along. Do you think fighters like Donaire and Martinez could beat Mayweather if they were the same weight? Most people would answer no so putting them ahead of him on the p4p list makes no sense.

It not a impressive recent win list or a popularity contest.
          The thing is Mayweather's popularity maybe the reason he's still #2

Hello, He's inactive!!!Perhaps they should do a 9-12 months activity requirement(A fighter must be active within that period).If a boxer is inactive for a certain period they should be taken down in rank( but not necessarily remove).

Comment

Originally posted by plaster View Post
            as Max Kellerman has said, Floyd is inactive. what must happen for Floyd to be drop or be omitted from the P4P rankings?
            1 whole year without having a fight

Comment

i'm sure others have different standards, but for me, inactivity at least for over a year should get you kicked out of the P4P list.

Comment

the thing is there is no "official" rankings for pound for pound so kellerman can rank floyd anyway he damn wants.

but it doesn't make damn sense to me to rank someone who isn't active as long as mayweather has been.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
                  the thing is there is no "official" rankings for pound for pound so kellerman can rank floyd anyway he damn wants.

but it doesn't make damn sense to me to rank someone who isn't active as long as mayweather has been.
                  Exactly, who's to say Floyd is #2 P4P to begin with?

I mean you can have him anywhere you want on your list. There is no "official" list.

Seriously you can have him #4 or #1 if you want. Who cares.
                  Last edited by jrosales13; 02-25-2011, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    Exactly, who's to say Floyd is #2 P4P to begin with?

I mean you can have him anywhere you want on your list. There is no "official" list.

Seriously you can have him #4 if you want. Who cares.
                    i have floyd at #29

Comment

Working...
                    X