No announcement yet.

Will Ryan Garcia become the next Canelo or Verdejo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Ryan Garcia is right now probably the unanimous top prospect in all of Boxing. Won prospect of the year. Huge social media fanbase headlining a ESPN card tonight and he's only 19. Looking back on past ESPN Prospect of the year winners you got a lot of world champs, P4P ranked fighters but as we saw this weekend with Verdejo some flame outs. So where will Ryan Garcia fall? Is he the next Canelo or Verdejo? Is he a hype job or the real deal? lol

ESPN Prospect of the year
    2017: Ryan Garcia
    2016: Erickson Lubin
    2015: Errol Spence Jr.
    2014: Felix Verdejo
    2013: Vasiliy Lomachenko
    2012: David Price
    2011: Gary Russell Jr.
    2010: Canelo Alvarez
    HUGE Ryan Garcia fan but NO he is not he is one of though

Ryan Garcia I think can be a SUPERSTAR IF he continues to improve ESPECIALLY that Defense

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      its too early to tell but since this is boxingscene i predict he's the next fighter of the decade 2020-2030
      lololol, calm down larry...

Comment

Originally posted by PrBoxing88 View Post
        idk if he faster than Verdejo, but the kid is fast, cant compared with Verdejo, his not even taking boxing seriously, Skill by Skill Verdejo is the better natural boxer.
        didnt verdejo just got tko by sum bum nobody has ever heard off...so much skill

Comment

hopefully he doesnt end up as the next david price lol, how did he become the prospect of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
            The next Oscar Dela Hoya.
            Yeah he has the frame like a young Oscar and the pretty boy label like Oscar but in the ring a savage.

Comment

Another great performance and spectacular knockout. But lord he is c0cky as phuk lol

Comment

He hasn't fought anyone with a pulse. It's way too early to tell. I feel like he has a few bad habits, and I'm not sure whether he really has power or not to cover some of it. Definitely has speed, and good height for the division he is in. His power might be decent-ish (still not convinced), but stopping bums and gatekeepers who aren't looking to win doesn't tell me much. He's only 19, though, so time will tell. Can't tell if he has a chin yet, either.

Still, some of those Olympians are near his age and looked like better prospects in my eyes (although give Ryan 2 or 3 years and we shall see).

Comment

So he's on the ppv may 5. Golden boy moving him fast. First gets a ESPN headline and now he's one of PPV under card fights for the biggest fight of the year. And only 19.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    Yeah he has the frame like a young Oscar and the pretty boy label like Oscar but in the ring a savage.
                    A good looking tall kid. Looks like a legit 5 feet 10. might end up being a legit 6 footer before he turns 21.

Comment

He got lots of female fans , if Golden Boy keep have safe from the other young wolves he can be next Canelo

Comment

Working...
                      X