Collapse
No announcement yet.

what does wilder do better than joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does wilder do better than joshua?

Although looks like most people think joshua would beat him, theres still quite a few saying wilder would beat him. Whats that based on?

Every attribute favours joshua, some say wilders got the power but from what ive been watching joshua looks pretty heavy handed to me, stopped every opponent.

Theres a huge difference in the technical quality of the two, and i'd argue that wilders chin is worse than joshuas from what we've seen.

And then if you look at there mutual opponent, eric molina had wilder in real trouble whereas joshua just crushed him.

In addition to being a better all round fighter, joshua is also significantly bigger.

I dont even see how it can be a case of 'styles', what stylistic problems does wilder pose other than that hes a power puncher? If thats the case, i guess klitscko must have been a stylistic nightmare because he carries huge power.

And as i said in another thread, its all well and good wilder lining up big shots against bums, when youve got a bigger guy in front of you who can crack back, its a different equation.

So what makes people think wilder can win, or even be competitive?

I think Wilder's right hand could cause Joshua some problems. If Wlad could land his right then I expect wilder to be able to as well. AND if wilder hits Joshua with the same right hand Wlad hit him with he stays down. Joshua starts this fight a deserved favourite but you can never count Wilder out with that cannon in his right arm.

Comment

good question....

hes more ''wilder'' ?

Comment

Wilder fights off the back foot better thats about it ....and thats because Joshua style and skill sets dont need back foot reliability . Wilder has to at times bc he lacks abilities to keep opposition off without back pedalling . Alot of talk about it POWER ,but its who can set it up and whos harder to hit ! Joshua is also 6'6 and that would take away that fast over hand right Wilder lands on shorter or less skilled big men like Washington out of the equation bc Wilder throws it in a hay make manner.

Joshua heavy favorite ,and if they fought next probably a 3/4 rnd K.O win for Joshua !
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-01-2017, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by b d w View Post
          I think Wilder's right hand could cause Joshua some problems. If Wlad could land his right then I expect wilder to be able to as well. AND if wilder hits Joshua with the same right hand Wlad hit him with he stays down. Joshua starts this fight a deserved favourite but you can never count Wilder out with that cannon in his right arm.
          Wilder can bang, no doubt. His technique, control of distance and timing is not on the same level is Wlad's. He will struggle to land and get take out mid rounds.

Comment

Greater power, stamina, hand speed, foot speed.
            Joshua has better balance, punching form, and overall technical skill.

Both get hit. Both have been stunned (dropped in the case is Joshua). Both have the ability to put the other man away. Joshua has more ways to win, but Wilder's right hand is fully capable of folding Joshua. If it wasn't such an intriguing match, we wouldn't all be talking about it.
            Last edited by Redd Foxx; 05-01-2017, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuntwo View Post
              Wilder can bang, no doubt. His technique, control of distance and timing is not on the same level is Wlad's. He will struggle to land and get take out mid rounds.
              I'd guess that too but you can never totally discount a guy with that type of one punch power. Joshua can get sloppy at times, he got hit by both Whyte and Wlad so Wilder stands a chance albeit a slim one.

Comment

His punchnig so wide that he can take off from a ring ,AJ cant fly. Wilder 1:0 Aj

Comment

All he has is the small chance of landing a windmill when AJ steps in for the kill..

That's the only scenario where he gets the win....

Comment

Nothing I can think of.

Comment

Working...
                    X