• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Help on a Choosing a 4K TV

I'm getting a new tv for my room.

I've narrowed it down to these two.

They are both the same prices, $599.
    • I think the main difference I know is that the Vizio TV has a 120hz refresh rate when set at 1080p and 60hz at the 4K setting. The Sharp just has 60hz.
    • Sharp is rated a tad bit higher at 4.1 vs 3.8 for Vizio.
    • Vizio has 5 HDMI inputs vs 4 for Sharp.
    • I think Vizio has no web browser but Sharp does.

I'm leaning towards Vizio because of the refresh rate but not sure if it's a better TV overall or not.

VIZIO - M-Series - 43" Class (42.5" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV - Black
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-m-...&skuId=3733004

Sharp - AQUOS - 43" Class (42.5" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV - Black
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sharp-aq...&skuId=4244028

Damn, seems like the 4K's have been dropping in price. Haven't really looked at getting a new set lately, but this thread has got my attention.

Comment

I'd go with sharp man, if you need a new TV then go buy a 4k, if you don't need it yet I would just wait until they drop in price more and until companies start taking advantage of 4k. That said I have a 60" 4k Smart TV from Samsung and it's great and all but there's not much use for the 4K yet. Plus I hear a lot of peoples internet can't even support 4k so the tv would be useless.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
        I'd go with sharp man, if you need a new TV then go buy a 4k, if you don't need it yet I would just wait until they drop in price more and until companies start taking advantage of 4k. That said I have a 60" 4k Smart TV from Samsung and it's great and all but there's not much use for the 4K yet. Plus I hear a lot of peoples internet can't even support 4k so the tv would be useless.
        Took your advise man, I'm going to wait.

I can get a 1080p 120hz or even 240hz for about $200-$300 less than a 4K I won't be able to use now. I also read that 4K tv's are coming out with some advancements not too far from now that when companies start taking advantage of 4K, the current crop of 4K probably won't be compatible.

Thanks.

Comment

Size matters.....ahem!

You need to aim for 49"+ size screens to really see the benefit of 4k.

Comment

Originally posted by ANACONDA View Post
            Size matters.....ahem!

You need to aim for 49"+ size screens to really see the benefit of 4k.
            What this guy said. Unless you going to sit 3 feet away from the TV.

Comment

Working...
            X