Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name the fighters who were able to have success after getting KOed unconsciously???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vlad
    Pacman
    Sergio
    Joe Louis
    Ray Robinson
    Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by marvelousmatt View Post
      Vlad
      Pacman
      Sergio
      Joe Louis
      Ray Robinson
      Tyson

Ray Robinson was only stopped once due to heat exhaustion and that was at the tail end of his career which was nowhere near the level of his early-middle career.

Comment

I can't think of any. There are plenty of fighters who went on to have great careers after being stopped but I can't think of any who went on to have a great career after being knocked out cold a la Williams or Pacquiao.

Comment

It doesn't happen very often so there isn't a very big sample size to serve as evidence one way or the other.

In any case Pacquiao is 34, and has been pretty much on the farewell tour since the Mayweather fight didn't happen as career wise there's nowhere else for him to go. It's not as if he would have gone on to win a middleweight championship had Marquez not knocked him out.

So in career terms, the only real relevance of the knockout is how it would effect him in bigger challenges down the line. Are there really aren't any big challenges down the line left for Pacquiao, so it doesn't really make much sense to talk about it in those terms. It may accelerate his decline, but he's in decline anyway.

Comment

Roger mayweather!!

Comment

Tommy Morrison went onto win the wbo title and a good win over ruddock after being brutally destroyed by merciless ray mercer

Comment

I thought Sugar Ray was ko'd by a body shot by Maxim and then quit boxing. He colapsed after that fight and story was he had intenal bleeding, no ?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                  Very, very few fighters get truly knocked out cold.

Lewis and Duran were knocked out in boxing terms, but neither was actually knocked out cold. Duran was trying to get up the moment he went down, as was Lewis I believe.

The Pac/Williams type KO is a rare occurrence, especially for an ATG.

Jones wasn't put to sleep by Tarver, but I think he was by Johnson....can't remember properly?
                  what benny said

Getting put asleep is rare especially for an ATG. I'm glad I was alive to witness it happen

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                    Very, very few fighters get truly knocked out cold.

Lewis and Duran were knocked out in boxing terms, but neither was actually knocked out cold. Duran was trying to get up the moment he went down, as was Lewis I believe.

The Pac/Williams type KO is a rare occurrence, especially for an ATG.

Jones wasn't put to sleep by Tarver, but I think he was by Johnson....can't remember properly?
                    Well Hearns was demolished by Hagler and had to be carried to his corner like an infant. He was K T F O. After that he had plenty of great wins. He is the obvious example to me.

Ike Williams was on the receiving end of at least a couple of bad beatings before he became champion.

Dave Boy Green was badly KO'ed by Carlos Palomino and he went on to capture the European title (back when it mattered). Not that he can be considered an ATG by any standard though.

Comment

Pacquiao.

He got KTFO by two homeless valet parking attendants and went in to become a big star. Ended up getting KTFO again, but found success for a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X