Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't understand why people cook their vegetables.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly_UG

that's a myth.

some nutrients are killed when you cook vegetables- namely vitamin C

but other nutrients are enhanced when you cook them.. like lycopene(which is a more potent form of antioxidant than vitamin C and targets other specialized free radicals that vitamin C cant) and carotenoids in certain vegetables.

there are advantages and disadvantages to both but to limit yourself to only one harms your own nutrition.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

You're insane! I haven't had any problems. My doctor told me that all my numbers are good. I've been doing this for two years. A lot of you guys are very mislead but it's not your fault. You need to do very extensive research like I did.
    I have done my research lol I used to be a nutrition major on top of being a health nut. Nothing is more important to me than my health.

if you eat your vegetables then yes you will be healthy, but they don't have to be raw, and cooking doesn't make them obselete. sometimes cooking enhances them.

Comment

some foods like broccoli are better raw because they lose much of their vitamin C content when you cook them too much

but foods like carrots,garlic and tomatoes have enhanced nutritional properties when you cook them

Comment

Originally posted by spyvsspy View Post
        Potatoes are misclassified...they are root products, not vegetables
        root products???? It's root vegtables not root products. Who the hell calls them root product?

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger unhappy View Post
          Once you cook a vegetables you kill all the nutrients. People always say I'm crazy for eating them raw yet there the ones that are always sick and out of shape. A cooked vegetable is a dead vegetable. EAT THEM RAW!!!
          Enjoy the raw broccoli and Brussels sprouts buddy.

Comment

I made a pot roast last night!

Put it in an oven bag. About 10 lbs of beef. Added potatoes, celery, carrots and onions.

Served on a bed of Thai sticky rice.

I don't care about potatoes, celery, carrots and onions vitamin content! they were yummy!

Comment

were all gonna die so might as well enjoy what you eat.

Comment

Raw broccoli would be awful. I don't care for the taste of broccoli but I eat it because it's one of the green vegetables I find tolerable, plus you get a lot of bang for your buck calorie wise, I eat 200 grams at a time. I steam it and when it's under cooked it's hard to eat. I imagine that if you ate that much raw you'd have the worst gas pains of your life.

I do eat bell peppers raw often though.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger unhappy View Post
                  Once you cook a vegetables you kill all the nutrients. People always say I'm crazy for eating them raw yet there the ones that are always sick and out of shape. A cooked vegetable is a dead vegetable. EAT THEM RAW!!!
                  it depends on what vegetables you're eating. some is better cooked while others raw.

http://www.health.com/health/gallery...ml#mushrooms-0

Comment

I think the real question is why do people cook their meat? It takes the blood out of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                      were all gonna die so might as well enjoy what you eat.
                      Not me. I'm not going to die.

Comment

Working...
                      X