Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fact: Golovkins entire 24 fight resume has taken place at Middleweight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
    Ouma dropped his hands ready to dodge and the ref stopped it, he was almost dead in your eyes though? Lol

Edit: I watched the whole fight, you probably skipped to the tko or just looked at a gif.
    Yea, I didn't see the fight, says the guy who thought the stoppage was premature. Here's what Houston had to say:

http://www.fightwriter.com/saul-alva...10-kassim-ouma

By the eighth round, honestly I had seen enough. Ouma was swollen and damaged under both eyes and there was blood inside his mouth. The ringside doctor checked on Ouma at the end of the eighth. Ouma is so brave that he will never surrender, but the ninth and 10th rounds were brutal to watch. Referee Guillermo Perez Pineda finally, belatedly, waved the finish as a tired and dazed Ouma sagged against the ropes with 63 seconds remaining in the 10th round.

It was worrying to watch Ouma take the punishment that he did. Laurence Cole was criticised for letting a beaten-up Antonio Margarito complete the course against Manny Pacquiao when the fight could have been stopped after the 10th round, but good-hearted Manny eased off towards the end and although he was popping quick punches into Margarito’s swollen countenance in the 11th and 12th rounds he wasn’t really blasting him with hard shots. In the Golovkin-Ouma fight, though, the former world amateur champion from Kazakhstan was hitting Ouma with wrecking-ball blows. It was a relief when the fight was stopped — I would have felt a sense of relief if Ouma had been pulled out of the fight in the ninth round; Ouma didn’t need an extra round of getting pounded and it was not a surprise to read the next day that he had been detained in hospital overnight for observation.

Comment

Stop making excuses. There are Mayweather fans who said he could beat Heavy weights if he boxed them... and they were serious with reasons why too.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        He is going to have to clean out his Division for Bigger Fights and Bigger Paydays REGARDLESS!

I think he should go after Geale next, then maybe the winner of Quillin vs N'Dam N'Jika...Then the Winner of Chavez Jr vs Martinez

I don't want to see no damn catch weight with a 154 or a 168 Fighter, GGG still have plenty of competition in his Division (regardless of fans who are high on him right now and think he beats all of those fights...he still have to do it!) plus at 160 you have some very talented up and coming fighters like Gilberto Sanchez, Billi Godoy, Demetrius Andrade, Jermell Charlo so it is/will be plenty of competition at 160 for GGG
        Not sure about Godoy, Ramiraz just looked like ***** in his last fight, couldn't put down washed up super welter Gutierrez. Andrade is very gifted, but might have a bit of Dirrell in him. Charlo has looked great his last couple of fights, really starting to sit down on his punches.

Comment

Originally posted by PrecisionKiller View Post
          Stop making excuses. There are Mayweather fans who said he could beat Heavy weights if he boxed them... and they were serious with reasons why too.
          Excuses?I dont care what "mayweather" fans said.

GG vs. Floyd makes zero sense on every level.

Comment

Its crazy i like Gennady but he beat a good european level fighter saturday night thats all i expect if Lucas stops Ajose at the weekend we will see something similar.The talk off him fighting at smw is more realistic since he fought at 165 in the ams.I really hope he forgets about both and just concentrates on mw enough talent there too keep him busy

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
              So can someone explain the obsession with a natural 160 Pounder who has fought 24 times above 158 pounds fighting Mayweather???

Gennady has NEVER fought at 154 pounds. Ever. If he could make 154 his ass would be there. Hes a middleweight. We should be talking about Chavez, Sergio, Pirog, Sturm, Njikam, Quillin or Geale.

NSB needs to stop trying to find the next "Mayweather" killer. This guy knocks out some bum and now Mayweather is a duck if he doesnt fight him. This shyt is pathetic.

Alot of you trolls outside of Tunney didnt even know who the guy was before he beat up that bum.
              He said he could make 154 what do you know better then him? Besides what do you care if people want him to fight Mayweather. It's nothing to get butt hurt over. Everything you said amounts to Leave Floydie alone whaa!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                Excuses?I dont care what "mayweather" fans said.

GG vs. Floyd makes zero sense on every level.
                I agree it doesn't make sense, but this is boxing. People always make a thread on this guy vs another.

Mayweather has a chance VS guys at 160, but there's a huge gulf in size from 154 Cotto and sort of semi retired Oscar to 160 guys.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  I agree with you, its pathetic how much some people want to see Floyd lose. I mean Floyd can barely even make 154.

Golovkin has done **** all at middleweight there is plenty to be done there.
                  I agree. The hatred for Mayweather is unbelievable.

I can't stress enough that weight classes are made for a reason. Mayweather is not made for Middleweight. He's not even big for a welterweight for fucks sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post

I can't stress enough that weight classes are made for a reason. Mayweather is not made for Middleweight. He's not even big for a welterweight for fucks sake.
                    But he is a 2 time super welter champ, where this guy and Sergio are willing to face him. He's currently #1 in the ring rankings there. GG has nowhere the creds, but SM does.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post

Even big welters have a very spotty record historically against middleweights and former 130 pound welters would be even worse off.

It is a big jump from 147 to 160.

Comment

Working...
                      X