Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sugar Ray Leonard on Golovkin-Jacobs: Whoever Lands First Wins!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading these post makes laugh a lot of people dksab,Jacob is c class garbage, their are levels to this and Jacob is nowhere near ggg level. A lot of the people here gonna eat crow when ggg destroys their hero

Comment

This could easily be the Quillan fight with Jacobs on the receiving end.

Comment

I'd give Jacobs a much better shot at the upset if he hadn't been knocked out and knocked down before. On top of that was shaken by Ishe Smith. I do like to see an upset win now and then. Jacobs if he opens up early and lets it all hang out has his best chance. But if he boxes and tries to stay on the outside, GGG slowly breaks down guys and then nails them. If Jacobs could at least floor and hurt GGG, then Canelo's chances would look better too which is more of a 50/50 fight I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          I'd give Jacobs a much better shot at the upset if he hadn't been knocked out and knocked down before. On top of that was shaken by Ishe Smith. I do like to see an upset win now and then. Jacobs if he opens up early and lets it all hang out has his best chance. But if he boxes and tries to stay on the outside, GGG slowly breaks down guys and then nails them. If Jacobs could at least floor and hurt GGG, then Canelo's chances would look better too which is more of a 50/50 fight I believe.
          Jacobs got floored by Pirog on a lucky shot, AND THE REFEREE PHYSICALLY HELD JACOBS DOWN WHEN HE WAS TRYING TO SPRING BACK UP - I NEVER SAW A REF HOLD A FIGHTER DOWN BEFORE. [JACOBS HAD UNDIAGNOSED CANCER THEN TOO].

In another fight, Jacobs got flash knocked down, and recovered like a champ to win.

The kncokout of Jacobs doesn't count in my opinion because he was trying to jump back up at the 5 count, and the ref held him down.

Jacobs has shown tremendous recuperative powers.

Nobody knows how GGG will react to being knocked down yet.

GGG appears to weaken as the fight goes on, and his ability to finish a hurt opponent is sub-par.

Comment

Originally posted by watchayouhead View Post
            Jacobs got floored by Pirog on a lucky shot, AND THE REFEREE PHYSICALLY HELD JACOBS DOWN WHEN HE WAS TRYING TO SPRING BACK UP - I NEVER SAW A REF HOLD A FIGHTER DOWN BEFORE. [JACOBS HAD UNDIAGNOSED CANCER THEN TOO].

In another fight, Jacobs got flash knocked down, and recovered like a champ to win.

The kncokout of Jacobs doesn't count in my opinion because he was trying to jump back up at the 5 count, and the ref held him down.

GGG appears to weaken as the fight goes on, and his ability to finish a hurt opponent is sub-par.
            No, Jacobs just didn't know what the hell Pirog was doing to set that up. If that was lucky, then I expect you to say how many other shots in boxing were lucky. Was Danny lucky with Quillin?

Comment

Originally posted by watchayouhead View Post

That's true, he does appear to have quick recovery. And his fight against Quillin shows he can be a monster when he nails a guy and opens up. He is one of my favorite fighters. He has paid his dues in life.

Comment

Ray you were one of the best fighters ever! It hurts to say your nuts on this. Mora and countless others got up but not GGG who has never been down amateur or pro? Has iron chin. Maybe caught wild flash knockdown but he's not staying down ray. Jacobs has the shaky chin feather fist Mora dropped him pirog iced him he's been wobbled yes maybe a firefight but Jacobs will succumb take all action

Comment

GGG has skill and chin in his favor. Jacobs has speed and size. Good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    Grow up.

There is no such thing as a granite chin.

I remember when Antonio Margarito had a granite chin.

If GGG gets caught with Danny's best shots he's going to sleep.
                    oh he'll go to sleep alright....later that night after the fight with Danny's balls and belt as a pillow.

Danny will get broken, and then stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                      So much respect for Jacobs for pursuing this fight and trying to become the undisputed middleweight champion.
                      Unlike scaredy cat Canela Alverez
                      You are absolutely right, props to him and great action fight in perspective and I hope that Jacobs will also fight Canelo one day, I favor DJ on that one

Who's that sexy beauty on your avatar? to be with her it's like to be with two girls at the same time, too much things to do!

Comment

Working...
                      X