No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez-Berchelt Purse Bid Hovers Over Salido Trilogy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Martinez-Berchelt Purse Bid Hovers Over Salido Trilogy

Roman Martinez and Orlando Salido had a working date and a willing network. However, a deadlock on nailing down a location has threatened plans for what would be a third fight between the pair of super featherweights.

Talks have been ongoing between camps for the latest entry into their thrilling rivalry, with American cable giant Showtime having expressed interest in showcasing the fight. Apparently a deadline was in place as Puerto Rico’s Martinez - who currently hold the World Boxing Organization (WBO) super featherweight title - has been ordered to make a mandatory defense versus Mexico's Miguel Berchelt.

[Click Here To Read More]

There goes all that Martinez/Salido stuff , What's the deal with Miguel Berchelt tho is Bob Arum going to bring him to the USA the kid only fights in Mexico
    Last edited by 285Kid; 01-02-2016, 10:15 PM.

Comment

NB4 Berchelt automatically gains a hater in PRBOXINGCOTTO.

Comment

Nobody knows who he is what are you talking about Kid I see you still my number 1 fan in 2016 happy new years keep supporting

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
          There goes all that Martinez/Salido stuff , What's the deal with Miguel Berchelt tho is Bob Arum going to bring him to the USA the kid only fights in Mexico
          He's been KO'd once, his only loss. He's aggressive, Mexican style with a little extra footwork. An east coast slick could box him, but Rocky has weight issues. The KO loss was a quickie, so his chin is suspect, it was a deep sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
            Nobody knows who he is what are you talking about Kid I see you still my number 1 fan in 2016 happy new years keep supporting
            You don't have to know who he is, you automatically hate his nationality. And every fool has a fan that watches the fool embarrass himself in his 100% predictable bias.
            Last edited by richardt; 01-02-2016, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
              He's been KO'd once, his only loss. He's aggressive, Mexican style with a little extra footwork. An east coast slick could box him, but Rocky has weight issues. The KO loss was a quickie, so his chin is suspect, it was a deep sleep.
              Berchelt is a very good bóxer. He will kill Rocky Martinez easy...

Miguel now is with the Estrada trainer and he is now a better bóxer.

He has a perfect body punch and amazing power. Dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                What about a Midwest slick or a west coast slick

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Torreo View Post
                  That is so stupid, Berchelt is a beast and he knows how to box. The kid was a national champion in Amateur, like Estrada and Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Torreo View Post
                    I'm glad you asked. Midwest, I'll give you that, but the west coast (Mexico is considerer SW) is about brawlers. It comes from the culture, where the client is king and dangerous. If the fighter, or both fighters start to stink, and the crowd gets restless (hostile), the ref reads them riot act for his own safety. I've seen a ref in Mexico stop a "boxing" match and stand both fighters in front of the judges with a threat of no pay. That's not the attitude in the east or Midwest where the zero is king, I'm not saying it's better or worse, just guys learn to duck a little better.

Comment

Working...
                    X