Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walters contract with Top Rank is up? Signing with Haymon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walters contract with Top Rank is up? Signing with Haymon?

When Walters got the draw Saturday night my first thought was Walters contract must be up with Top Rank, he got Pacquiao'd. Then I remembered a couple of months ago there were rumors of Haymon courting Walters. Walters co-promoter is Warriors boxing, one of PBC's main promoters. I've been trying to find more information but boxing contracts are hard to find. I know he signed with Top Rank in 2013 but can't find out the details. This is about the only thing I can find.

UPDATE

It seems like his contract it up. H/T Weebler I

The contract is for five fights in two years, and to keep up his end of the bargain, Walters has to keep winning.

"Nicholas has to win to keep the contract alive, and if he performs well, Jamaica's boxing fans will be able to see him on HBO," Deschamps pointed out. "The purse money that he will command will depend on his performances and his success, and if he does well, he can be a headline fighter."

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...s/sports1.html

Last edited by about.thousands; 12-21-2015, 01:50 PM.

That's awful. Explains the robbery, doesn't it? Boxing is disgusting. Now if he does go to Haymon he'll only be fighting cab drivers.

Comment

I am not a conspiracy theorist but this would explain the Loma fight not happening and the absurd scoring of the fight this past Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I am not a conspiracy theorist but this would explain the Loma fight not happening and the absurd scoring of the fight this past Saturday.
        it was a Golden Boy card, so were they in on the fix as well?

Comment

Originally posted by ramplamp View Post
          That's awful. Explains the robbery, doesn't it? Boxing is disgusting. Now if he does go to Haymon he'll only be fighting cab drivers.
          Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Just found out his contract was for 2 years 5 fights. That was his fifth fight

Comment

I don't get why Walters was even on a golden boy card

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              I didn't say the fight was fixed, I said the scoring was absurd. The last time Bob had a major fighter near the end of his deal we had the Manny/Bradley scoring debacle.

I just can't think of a rational reason for the scorcards for that fight. Can you?

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                Arum can still pay people off... weather it was a GB card or Haymon card... money is flown under the table.

but it makes sense you can say....

about the pac-bradley rematch "im gonna make so much money" hahaha I laughed too hard when arum said that smh...

no one noticed (MSM)

Comment

Obviously. Next I was to know what was going on with Bradley vs Diego Chaves. Floyd said Arum threaten's you with Ls when your contract is expiring.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                    Just found out his contract was for 2 years 5 fights. That was his fifth fight
                    Then it makes sense why he was on a GBP card. ODH and TR are working together, they needed a quality TV fight on the card, Arum didn't have to do any real work in promoting and the contract is fulfilled.

I'm sure Arum will owe ODH a favor for this.

I was really hoping for the Walters/Loma fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X