Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua, Hearn Stand Firm: Wilder Fight Must Be in The UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah this is where I throw the towel in with Hearn and Joshua. They shouldn’t go back on this, obviously if Haymon/Showtime offered $50 million it would obviously mean fighting in the US. They have to offer Wilder much more now to make the fight in the U.K.

This is disappointing, take that 50 mill and fight Wilder in the US.

Comment

• That's fine

Haymon and his camp showed you the money, and likely gave you a ballpark for what they were expecting on the fight in Las Vegas.

Thinking that the fight has a chance to be worth $100m doesn't mean that they budgeted the fight to do that much.

Pay Wilder what the budget expected in Las Vegas, instead to come to the UK. If Eddie Hearn doesn't want to put up the $15m (All in, I think the fight is expected to do $70m in proceeds), give Wilder 40% of the total take and be done with it already.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
        I don't see why this is such a big deal for Wilder.

After all, save one belt, he brings nothing to the table. Sure, he may be the real deal and a future HW force, but his resume, as it is, is trash and his last performance was hardly inspiring.

Perhaps he's afraid of being overawed?
        Wilder brings a guaranteed $50m to the table (Wilder isn't likely to fight for free, so it's my expectation that the number is likely $60m, but that's beyond the point).

Anthony Joshua didn't bring much to the table for his IBF title shot besides money, so why is it different now?

Comment

• Originally posted by JLC View Post
          Ok ok I respect this. You’re willing to take less money to fight in your home town ? Cool
          Canelo took less money to fight Cotto in Las Vegas, instead of New York, so it's not unheard of.

Hopefully Joshua means it, though

Comment

• You british fans are pathetic.

How can you defend this nonsense? Just admit it. AJ wants a ref that will give him a 30 second 10 count when he goes down and you know he will. He wants a ref that will let him call time outs, hold indefinitely, and award him a tko if Wilder just stumbles back a little. You guys are actually proud of those super early wave offs? You guys are proud because AJ can come to the The United States to fight Miller for a lot less than $50 mil, but can't come and fight Wilder for $50 mil? AJ said "Show me the 50 and I'll fight anywhere, anytime!" They showed him the 50 he said "ok..umm.. nevermind I was just bull****ting" And you brits applauded that and said Wilder is the one duckin? You AJ fans are making far more, and far worse excuses than AJ and what's so pathetic you are pretending like you aren't making excuse. And what resume are you talking about? They both ONLY HAVE 1 QUALITY FIGHT! Old Wlad and Ortiz. Just be honest, Hearn, AJ, and brit don't really want this fight and if you must take it, you want to make sure you have a slow counting ref when AJ gets dropped, suspect judges, and an early stoppage if AJ throws a flurry that doesn't even have to land.

Comment

• People honestly thought the fight wouldn't happen in the UK?

Bizarre

Joshua decides where the fight is going to be. If he wants less, but gets to fight at home, whats the problem? He's calling the shots

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
                I don't see why this is such a big deal for Wilder.

After all, save one belt, he brings nothing to the table. Sure, he may be the real deal and a future HW force, but his resume, as it is, is trash and his last performance was hardly inspiring.

Perhaps he's afraid of being overawed?

joshua literally pulled tape off of his glove in his last fight and called a timeout. there's no way in hell wilder wins a decision over there. i coud see the fight getting stopped early, too, we've seen that plenty of times in england.

i don't think it's goign to go to the cards, obviously, but there's a lot to be said about the impending of feeling of doom that there's no way in hell you can win if it does.

it's not a perfect venue by any stretch, but vegas is the most neutral site for a boxing match on the planet. joshua will probably have aton of people int he bulding.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                  Exactly this, AJ has been spending some time with W. Klitschko, maybe he should take a note out of Klitschko's book and fight where the money is regardless of fear. W. Klitschko took the fight with Povetkin in Russia, when didn't have to, man up AJ!
                  World of Boxing basically doubled the bid that Klitschko's company and Povetkin's promoter (I believe he was with Sauerland at the time) put on the table for the fight, and Klitschko wasn't giving up his belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by sotgoda View Post
                    Stupid and pathetic AJ fans as usual. The 1st fight should be held where the pay is greatest - after all these guys are prized fighters. Further, if the fight was held in the US, Wilder stood to make what AJ made especially if the fight crosses over $100 million as expected. By having it now in the UK, Wilder stands to make a lot less which is why he would be hesitant to have it in the UK - as A juicing J and E lying Hearn really low-balled Wilder.

This is the reason why. If AJ offers Wilder 50/50 and a guarantee of say $25-30 million for the fight in the UK, I bet Wilder accepts immediately even though it will be less than what he could have made in the US. Use your common senses for once. AJ's cowardice and fear of Wilder are the reasons - not no stupid fans, why he wants to have it in the UK. By AJ doing that, he costs not only himself money, but Wilder too. Why should Wilder be happy about that?

Frank Warren confirmed that the offer was $50 million guaranteed (with 50/50) in 1st fight for AJ and $30 million guaranteed in the 2nd fight - making a total of $80 million guaranteed over 2 fights. Yet the cowardly AJ rejects the offer. Would you guys have been ok if Wilder did the same?

Wilder's offer to AJ is over 6 times what AJ offered Wilder in total, all guaranteed too, not some stupid flat rate and with a potential to make more. So, tell your fearful, steroid-juicing boy to offer Wilder a 50/50 split with guarantee for UK and I bet Wilder signs it. It is that simple. Greed from Eddie and AJ led to all of this - especially after the latter said he will sign tomorrow.
                    Frank Warren isn't party to anything here, so bringing him up as any kind of source makes you look foolish

Comment

• If im Wilder i say im only coming to England without a rematch clause. You wanna fight in England? fine. but after I win, aint no america fight for you. you were offered 50 million to come to america and you balked at it. so after I knock yo ass out in London, you're not welcomed in america anymore.

Knock AJ out and move on. No rematch clause, **** him. he gave that up with the 50 million

Comment

Working...
                      X