Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Inoue Blows Out McDonnell in 1st Round to Win Bantamweight Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was certain of a KO, I just never expected the first round, thought Mcdonnell could run for 5/6 rounds before getting stopped.... This guy is a lot better than I thought he was, McDonnell was hardly a bum and had never been stopped.

Comment

Don't go to ahead guys, Tete and Rodriguez are two different animals than Mcdonell, Still think Rodriguez is the better of the 3 of them.. Time will tell if i was right.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        Cuadras faced Estrada, Rungvisai, Chocolatiro
        Estrada faced Cuadras-Chocolatito-Rungvisai
        Rungvisai faced Cuadras-Estrada-Chocolatiro
        Chocolatito faced Cuadras-Estrada-Rungvisai

Inoue in the entire 115th division is the only one that decided not to face these guys. These 4 I mentioned are p4p Talent and fought other P4P fighters yet what is Inoue so scared of on facing one of these guys? Why was he reluctant to unify with Rungvisai?

yeah and all those guys you named had 30-40+ fights and were not a 24 year old with 13-14 fights lol.
        Listen i was pissed as anyone for Inoue moving up before fighting those guys, but whatever, he's going to be fighting guy's like Tete, Rodriguez and Burnett in his next 3 fights who are all much bigger than him.

He's moving up and fighting just as tough / or even tougher competition than the guys you mentioned, so it doesn't even matter now.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          Gif God

Naoya showed Tomoki Kameda how it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
            yeah and all those guys you named had 30-40+ fights and were not a 24 year old with 13-14 fights lol.
            Listen i was pissed as anyone for Inoue moving up before fighting those guys, but whatever, he's going to be fighting guy's like Tete, Rodriguez and Burnett in his next 3 fights who are all much bigger than him.

He's moving up and fighting just as tough / or even tougher competition than the guys you mentioned
            , so it doesn't even matter now.
            In what universe did the bantamweight division had proven that it is just as tough as the Super Flyweight?

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              In what universe did the bantamweight division had proven that it is just as tough as the Super Flyweight?
              I didnt say the division was tougher i said Tete and rodriguez are just as tough competition, please read the post before replying m8

fighting Tete is a much tougher fight than gonzalez, estrada or rungvasia. Inoue had the height and weight advantage over all the guy's at super fly. Now he's the one with the disadvantages. Tete will have like 5 inches on him...

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                He's not beaten anyone to warrant the hype he's just another belt collector going through divisions fighting weak links.

Many will disagree but I don't see a great varied skillset. I think he's a bit of a one trick pony.
                An aggressive counter-puncher, powerful with a very good left hook. I think if you take that left hook away there's not a great deal else there.
                Constantly squared up, his chins too high, he hasn't much of a guard or defense just he's fighting bad opposition who aren't good enough to exploit his lack of defense and even offensive limitations.

He may overachieve with his power and opponent selection but I don't see a p4p skillset.
                He's no Lomachenko, Spence, Usyk, Crawford, Gassiev, Rungsivai and so on
                Did you really see his fights? The guy is an expert in going for the body. His jab is no joke too. He gets squared on the "feeling out" part of the fight but uses a more lateral positioning after

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Best Ever View Post
                  Gif God

Naoya showed Tomoki Kameda how it's done.

I'm like you bruh TBE!

I got to say Inoue seems to shine when he steps up that's for sure -- not a lot of boxers wash their strongest adversaries in boxing.

Some people will suspect that Inoue is looking good vs. the right opponents under the right circumstances ( old, drained, past it)...and maybe they are right to think that, nevertheless the WBSS will solve that mystery.

Not going to lie I questioned Inoue desire to fight the best after his long dry run at Superflyweight, but hes growing on me. I like to see Naoya take the 'Super' title from that other fraud Brit Ryan Burnett!

I cant wait!
                  Last edited by 1hourRun; 05-25-2018, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Best Ever View Post
                    Naoya younger bro knocked his opponent in one round too in an earlier bout

Damn it! Naoya had to outshine little bro in his debut at the weight - must suck being Takuma in that family haha!

Comment

damn!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X