No announcement yet.

Favorite fight to rewatch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mack. View Post
    Broner maidana is probably my most watched.
    That was some gangster sh|t by Maidana

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      I have a few.

Pryor-Arguello I - the best fight ever IMO

Morales-Barrera I - the best fight of my lifetime IMO

Trinidad-Vargas
      Marquez-Diaz I
      Marquez-Barrera

Marquez-Pacquaio IV - not my favorite action though it was a great fight but my favorite sports moment of all-time

Sanchez-Gomez
      Olivares-Kanazawa II
      Carbajal-Gonzalez I
      Gomez-Pintor
      Vazquez-Marquez III
      Hagler-Hearns
      Toney-McCallum I & II
      Corrales-Castillo I

The list could go on. I like a lot of fights. My favorite moment was Marquez-Pacquaio IV maybe my favorite action is Tito-Vargas.

Likewise sir, great list of fights you have as well. And yes there are so many others. Great fights, great memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
        Like you I never get tired of watching that fight. I wish Maidana would come out of retirement just to spank Broner all over again.
        I wish so too! Do you follow Maidana on Instagram? Chinomaidana1? He’s never coming back. He’s using those 2 Mayweather paychecks to the fullest. Ever since his last fight, I don’t think I’ve seen a pic of him NOT wearing Louis Vuttion lmaooo good for him though but he is missed. Ridiculously entertaining fighter. And very humble outside the ring too.

Comment

DeGale vs Truax II

A true high-intensity chess match

Comment

Originally posted by Joime View Post
            I wish so too! Do you follow Maidana on Instagram? Chinomaidana1? He’s never coming back. He’s using those 2 Mayweather paychecks to the fullest. Ever since his last fight, I don’t think I’ve seen a pic of him NOT wearing Louis Vuttion lmaooo good for him though but he is missed. Ridiculously entertaining fighter. And very humble outside the ring too.
            Yes unfortunately for boxing fans but good for Chino is that he’s enjoying the fruits of his labor. Good for him. I’ll never forget him saying before the Broner fight how “Broner is going to see how it feels to be hit by a man.” Gotta love Chino

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              wlad-povetkin
              BwahHahahah

Wlad should have been arrested for his performance in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                What’s your favorite fight to rewatch.

My absolute favorite it hopkins-Tito

Total masterclass

Watch hopkins play coy, just jabbing and moving, not engaging just slowly setting up Tito..

Jab, jab, move, tie up, jab, jab, tie up, move, jab,,, that’s all Bernard did until the 10 sec warning in round 2. Then it was jab, jab, BOOM with the right hand.. masterclass on how you set traps and how to setup the right hand.

Entire fight, hopkins has his right hand glued to his face, blocking Tito’s left hook..
                Left hook from Tito, Hopkins counters with his own hook.

Hook for hook,,, until BOOM, 9th rd, hopkins unleashes the straight right, hadn’t used hardly at all the whole fight, Tito has no idea what has hit him, and Hopkins just brutalizes him with the straight right in the 9th.

By the 11th Tito loses composure and the fight turns dirty, Hopkins in his head, ref intervenes, ref is checking hopkins, hopkins just gives Tito the death stare, and then calmly walks out and delivers a brutal uppercut combination right before the bell.

12th, hopkins still has the right hand glued to his face, blocks Tito’s left hook, and counters with a brutal hook to end the fight.

Masterclass all the way thru, not even Floyd mayweather has a complete dissection of an A+ fighter like hopkins did that night.

A true master, showing all his tricks in one fight.

My favorite fight to rewatch, just to see the genius of hopkins
                You see him set up the same combo one or two rounds earlier too. He knew that Tito would counter the left uppercut with his left hook naturally, so in round 10 or 11 (maybe even one earlier in the fight too I think) he throws a left uppercut from outside, but deliberately wide to draw the left hook counter which he then catches and counters with the right that stopped him. Amazing combo and set up.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                  You see him set up the same combo one or two rounds earlier too. He knew that Tito would counter the left uppercut with his left hook naturally, so in round 10 or 11 (maybe even one earlier in the fight too I think) he throws a left uppercut from outside, but deliberately wide to draw the left hook counter which he then catches and counters with the right that stopped him. Amazing combo and set up.
                  Yep, dude put on an absolute clinic.

I still have yet to see an A+ fighter get dissected like that

Comment

no question about the numero uno....
                    chico vs jlc 1 - greatest fight of all time. this had everything !!!!

the rest -
                    srl vs hearns 1 - role reversals. the hunted became the hunter.
                    hagler vs hearns - poor hearns.....
                    ssm vs cheato - ''king'' for a day.
                    gatti vs ward 1 - epic rock em sock em between a couple of club fighters
                    tyson vs berbick - the knockdown alone....
                    foreman vs lyle - even cosell was funny
                    muriqi vs ahmad - a poor mans hagler hearns (with a dozen kd's)
                    swift vs khan - dwts
                    mab vs eric - all 3
                    jmm vs pac - 1 & 4
                    tua vs ike - back n forth
                    tyson vs biggs - ''gonna make tyson my son.''
                    tyson vs holy - bite fight
                    mab vs mckinny - pure guts
                    holy vs bowe - fan man
                    bowe vs golota - both were shlt storms
                    tua vs ruiz - the best 19 sec fight ever !

Comment

I never research fights. Just moments.

Corrales Castillo the last round
                      Judah KO Spinks in his hometown
                      End of Charlo Williams
                      Swift KO Khan

As a bonus. Listen to Lampley in the last round of Garcia Khan. HBO has become unwatchable due to the biased announcing. Lamps says Khan has taken over the fight 10 seconds before his is ended. Terrible.
                      Last edited by Fanofreason; 05-19-2018, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X