No announcement yet.

Any Jazz connoisseurs in here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StefanTosic View Post
    I have to ask you something really important. I have a pair of luxurious Klipsch Palladium P-39F speakers that I want to sell, they'be been kept in boxes, for a few years, unpacked. I thought of selling them for 14000-15000 dollars. Would it be a reasonable price and would it be possible for me to sell it? What's the highest price I could ask for them? When they came out the price was 20k+ for a pair.

I also have a pair of Palladium P-27S speakers I want to sell.
    Good luck with that. The Palladium Series doesn’t hold its value in the secondary market. I bet you’d be lucky to get even get 9k for those. Your better off selling those on an AV/Home Theatre classified instead of a Hi Fi such as Audiogon

Comment

Originally posted by StefanTosic View Post
      I have to ask you something really important. I have a pair of luxurious Klipsch Palladium P-39F speakers that I want to sell, they'be been kept in boxes, for a few years, unpacked. I thought of selling them for 14000-15000 dollars. Would it be a reasonable price and would it be possible for me to sell it? What's the highest price I could ask for them? When they came out the price was 20k+ for a pair.

I also have a pair of Palladium P-27S speakers I want to sell.
      You skull ****ed me.... Let me think if I can after you bombed on me......

We are living in a world where mp3's are what is replacing music (destroying it). I am building my wife a dream home... One room will be off limits to her and other people.... Audio room...

Jhonny will sit next to me as I play Otis Redding live in London... Try a little tenderness ........

If you need the cash sell, if not then hold on... Slowly, young people who seek real audio paradise will invariably gravitate to the best out there....

People can hear and feel the difference.......

Peace homie.....

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
        Good luck with that. The Palladium Series doesn’t hold its value in the secondary market. I bet you’d be lucky to get even get 9k for those. Your better off selling those on an AV/Home Theatre classified instead of a Hi Fi such as Audiogon
        I wonder if my two MC275 mono amps are worth anything?

I'll check audiogon.... Thanks for keeping it real....

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
          Thanks man, I'll have to drop the price down for a couple of thousands. I did some research and I found that a year ago somebody was selling a pair for 16000€, which is 19700$, but somebody was also selling them 5000$ a piece (a bit more than 4000€).

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
            You skull ****ed me.... Let me think if I can after you bombed on me......

We are living in a world where mp3's are what is replacing music (destroying it). I am building my wife a dream home... One room will be off limits to her and other people.... Audio room...

Jhonny will sit next to me as I play Otis Redding live in London... Try a little tenderness ........

If you need the cash sell, if not then hold on... Slowly, young people who seek real audio paradise will invariably gravitate to the best out there....

People can hear and feel the difference.......

Peace homie.....
            Lol! It sounds nice. I always dreamt of owning a high quality equipment back in the day when I used to make beats for fun as a kid. Now I have these beauties and a couple of high end keybords, guitars and basses I just want to sell and make a buck because I'm splitting it with my bro. We agreed on selling them a bit under the average price, but it isn't easy to find the real prices and compare them, especially for the mint condition. I still haven't seen them because we don't want to open the boxes. Beside those, I think we have another pair of Palladium speakers, which were maybe already used, but I don't know for sure.
            Last edited by StefanTosic; 03-30-2018, 05:44 AM.

Comment

I wonder if my two MC275 mono amps are worth anything?

I'll check audiogon.... Thanks for keeping it real....
              Mac gear always holds its value. You could sell those quick if you wanted.

What kinda tubes are you running on them? I left tube gear a while ago. I’m happy with my Mac 8900 Integrated.

Comment

I'm would recommend starting with some essentials and then go from there

Miles Davis-Kind of Blue
                John Coltrane-Giants Steps
                Charles Mingus-Mingus Ah Um
                One of my favorites Ornette Coleman-Shape of Jazz to Come

I'm more into fusion jazz which you might like. Check out Weather Report, Return to Forever, Herbie Hancock and Headhunters and really all the 70's fusion was great stuff.

Comment

Ok, MC...here is the list. I thought it would be longer, but I've seen so many artists I can't remember...long time ago. So i will add to this list as i remember smooth jazz type artists, and similar, that i think you might like.

Larry Carlton
                  Dave Weckl
                  Ramsey Lewis
                  Spyro Gyra
                  Steve Winwood-Junction 7
                  Pharouh Sanders
                  Cedar Walton
                  Arturo Sandoval
                  Herbie Han****
                  Chick Corea
                  Forth World
                  Joshua Redman
                  Return of the Headhunters...(Herbie Han**** Project)
                  Keiko Matsui
                  Joe Henderson...(jazzy big band)
                  Tierney Sutton
                  Manhatten Transfer
                  Roy Ayers
                  Billy Cobham
                  Andreas Vollenweider
                  Grace Jones
                  Paquito D'Rivera
                  Bella Fleck and the Flecktones
                  Yellowjackets
                  The Rippingtons
                  Dave Grusin
                  Basia
                  Pat Methany
                  Sada
                  Regina Carter...(jazz violin)
                  Dave Brubeck
                  The Jazz Mandolin Project
                  Stevie wonder
                  George Benson

Ooh, looky wut jazzy just found...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...jazz_musicians
                  Last edited by jazluvr; 04-01-2018, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
                    Ok, MC...here is the list. I thought it would be longer, but I've seen so many artists I can't remember...long time ago. So i will add to this list as i remember smooth jazz type artists, and similar, that i think you might like.

Larry Carlton
                    Dave Weckl
                    Ramsey Lewis
                    Spyro Gyra
                    Steve Winwood-Junction 7
                    Pharouh Sanders
                    Cedar Walton
                    Arturo Sandoval
                    Herbie Han****
                    Chick Corea
                    Forth World
                    Joshua Redman
                    Return of the Headhunters...(Herbie Han**** Project)
                    Keiko Matsui
                    Joe Henderson...(jazzy big band)
                    Tierney Sutton
                    Manhatten Transfer
                    Roy Ayers
                    Billy Cobham
                    Andreas Vollenweider
                    Grace Jones
                    Paquito D'Rivera
                    Bella Fleck and the Flecktones
                    Yellowjackets
                    The Rippingtons
                    Dave Grusin
                    Basia
                    Pat Methany
                    Sada
                    Regina Carter...(jazz violin)
                    Dave Brubeck

Oh, looky wut jazzy just found...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...jazz_musicians
                    Respect!!!!!

Comment

Respect!!!!!
                      Ha...thanks buddy. MC, I don't think i can come up with more musicians that are NOT in that link I posted. But I'll still keep this thread in mind, I don't know how updated that list is, (I'll check after posting this.)

New bands come out every day, they just have more platforms to distribute their music. Ya gotta hunt down hard to find newer material. In that link I gave you, if you scroll down, you can change the genre of music and see many artists....just in case you miss it.
                      ---------
                      I was looking at the link, and i know there are more smooth jazz bands. You can probably branch off some of the bands and artists to see who played with them.
                      Last edited by jazluvr; 03-31-2018, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X