No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Why A Canelo-Golovkin Trilogy Is Best For Business

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
    I see his fight going one of a couple of ways. 1. Canelo either quits on his stool after the relentless pressure Golovkin is applying. 2. Canelo's corner stops it or throws in the towel. 3. The ref stops it because Canelo is getting beat up for too long. Or 4. it somehow goes the distance and even though Golovkin is clearly winning, they give it to Canelo. If Canelo couldn't KO Chavez, Cotto, Trout, Lara, Mosley and others, how on earth do you think he will be able to KO Golovkin. golovkin has never been down or KOed in the amateurs or the pros hahahah. Also, Canelo has been successfully guided for the last couple of years and he hasn't fought a top 20 guy in 147, 154, 160 or 168 so how do guys like Beefy Smith or Khan prepare him for Golovkin?/ The answer is, they don't.
    Translation: 1.since you don't rate canelo,if he wins Fair & square you'll cry like a bîtch that ggg was robbed & your getting excuses in early.
    2.you are in love with ggg because he looks like the rusky priest who used 2 touch u at night & groomed u to be the lustful woman u grew into.:*******:

Thanks 4 clarifying what a joke u are.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post

Cotto was ranked p4p #9
      That's really hard to justify though. Some give Floyd flak for only fighting Cotto when he was on the decline, and that was in 2012. Peak Cotto was the one in with Pac in 2009. Canelo fought him in 2015 - no way he was really P4P top 10. That's more a flaw in The Ring ranking system.

The Ring ranking system also had him as the MW C, despite never having fought at 160, simply on the basis of him being 'the man who beat the man', totally ignoring that 'the man' Martinez was invalided out of the game at that point. Their system is automated so that some get elevated above their station without The Ring being able to use a whole lot of common sense or judgement.

Same reason Canelo is the MW C now, yet he's never fought a MW (until now). He could earn it tonite though, so I guess the ranking comes good eventually after being on the skids since Martinez.

Comment

If they fight 3 times then I wouldn't expect either of them to have longer in the game. They would both do a massive damage to each other by the end of the three match ups.

Comment

Originally posted by maracho View Post
          yeah Oscar and HBO got some more robbery shlt planned
          Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
          Only Ward Gattiesque fights deserve trilogies. I don't think this fight will be of that caliber. It'll be a tentative fight with either a sudden KO or points win.
          Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
          Talking about trilogies makes it sound fixed. You can't even guarantee that a second fight will be warranted.
          Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
          Kinda early to be talking about trilogys bruh.. Can we see the first fight yet? If one of them wins convincingly, then it shouldn't be a trilogy.. and i think GGG will win easily after withstanding canelos fancy slap combs the first 3 to 4 rounds. Then its bye bye Nelo..
          Originally posted by angkag View Post
          Trilogy means we never get to see Golovkin fight anyone else but Canelo, and we also never get to see Canelo fight anyone else either !

To go to a trilogy, the fights would have to be fairly close (at least the first two would), so lets assume 30 rounds total (fair assumption ?). With Golovkin's age ,he never fights again anyway, but what would Canelo be like after getting hit by Golovkin for 30 rounds ?

Vasquez/Marquez comes to mind, they were both never the same afterwards.
          ... for Canelo-GGG to become a "trilogy" it firstly deserves to be truthful and very dramatic!!! ... at the moment I can't see how... but let's wait for a few hours more...
          Last edited by MDPopescu; 09-16-2017, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
            I see his fight going one of a couple of ways. 1. Canelo either quits on his stool after the relentless pressure Golovkin is applying. 2. Canelo's corner stops it or throws in the towel. 3. The ref stops it because Canelo is getting beat up for too long. Or 4. it somehow goes the distance and even though Golovkin is clearly winning, they give it to Canelo. If Canelo couldn't KO Chavez, Cotto, Trout, Lara, Mosley and others, how on earth do you think he will be able to KO Golovkin. golovkin has never been down or KOed in the amateurs or the pros hahahah. Also, Canelo has been successfully guided for the last couple of years and he hasn't fought a top 20 guy in 147, 154, 160 or 168 so how do guys like Beefy Smith or Khan prepare him for Golovkin?/ The answer is, they don't.
            Dude your a clown for sure. Everybody you said was rated in the top 10 almost when Canelo faced them. Trout was undefeated Champ. Lmao. Smith undefeated Champ. Floyd is maybe top 5 p4p fighter ever. Yes he lost but 49 others did to. Cotto was Champ at 160/155 lol. Lara was I think #2 at the time of the fight. It does not mean **** what they are rated today but the time the fight occurred.
            Open your eyes and brain a little and learn something.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
              That's really hard to justify though. Some give Floyd flak for only fighting Cotto when he was on the decline, and that was in 2012. Peak Cotto was the one in with Pac in 2009. Canelo fought him in 2015 - no way he was really P4P top 10. That's more a flaw in The Ring ranking system.

The Ring ranking system also had him as the MW C, despite never having fought at 160, simply on the basis of him being 'the man who beat the man', totally ignoring that 'the man' Martinez was invalided out of the game at that point. Their system is automated so that some get elevated above their station without The Ring being able to use a whole lot of common sense or judgement.

Same reason Canelo is the MW C now, yet he's never fought a MW (until now). He could earn it tonite though, so I guess the ranking comes good eventually after being on the skids since Martinez.

Truth being said is Cotto has gotton better under Roach!! To say he is not a top rated fighter is just stupid. Cotto just won the belt back at 154 against a fighter 3 weeks ago in a shutout. Cotto has had loses but only one loss that was more of a one sided affair being Pac. I truly believe Pac was juicing in those days to but either way Cotto was already having weight issues at 147 and Pac fight was at catch 144.
              Cotto gave Floyd a pretty damn good fight if you watched it. **** the judges in that fight as I would say at worst it was 116-112.

I dont want to hear a excuse from either side tonight as both fighters are still prime. Canelo is not to small and GGG is not to old. I like both in this match. Winner takes all fair and square unless bad judging.

Comment

Originally posted by redmyth79 View Post
                Truth being said is Cotto has gotton better under Roach!! To say he is not a top rated fighter is just stupid. Cotto just won the belt back at 154 against a fighter 3 weeks ago in a shutout. Cotto has had loses but only one loss that was more of a one sided affair being Pac. I truly believe Pac was juicing in those days to but either way Cotto was already having weight issues at 147 and Pac fight was at catch 144.
                Cotto gave Floyd a pretty damn good fight if you watched it. **** the judges in that fight as I would say at worst it was 116-112.

I dont want to hear a excuse from either side tonight as both fighters are still prime. Canelo is not to small and GGG is not to old. I like both in this match. Winner takes all fair and square unless bad judging.
                I think we can disagree on Cotto, but 100% with you on the last para.

Comment

Originally posted by maracho View Post
                  yeah Oscar and HBO got some more robbery shlt planned
                  ggg will have to win for a rematch and a trilogy to actually happen...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                    ggg will have to win for a rematch and a trilogy to actually happen...
                    hmm you make a very good point because i see that only Canelo has the right to a rematch but then Oscar could be using all this as part of the sneakiness. I mean look at what happened in Ward vs kovalev where we have a controversial first fight decision and then an extremely controversial second fight decision.

Comment

A little late for a trilogy, no? I mean Canelo waited too long for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X