Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

casual fans thinks cotto is easy to beat.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
    Thurman is more athletic, better footwork, defense, can fight pff the back door. Brook would use his jab like Canelo did and out box him. Crawford disposed of Diaz pretty easily like, who is very similar to Cotto, so yeah I would favor them over him
    Regarding Thurman,What does fighting off the back foot does for him over Cotto. If anything Thurman leans to much when throwing the right, something Danny could've capitalize on but he was so tentative that he never did anything. Remember how Danny was pressing him in the late rounds, Cotto would've done a way better job. Hmmm...I do recall Cotto landing a lot of jabs on Canelo (that is tha prime reason I have GGG beating Canelo). I don't think Brooks beat a prime welter wgt Cotto. Diaz is similar to Cotto? in what way??? Crawford needs to fight at welter first & then we will analyze. Remember this is no video game (no disrespect intended)

Comment

Cotto isn't necessarily easy to beat.

Styles make fights and if you can't cope against a good jab, you can't beat Cotto. He has a great jab, if you can limit its effectiveness, you'll find it manageable to beat Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by sugar ray lenrd View Post
        Regarding Thurman,What does fighting off the back foot does for him over Cotto. If anything Thurman leans to much when throwing the right, something Danny could've capitalize on but he was so tentative that he never did anything. Remember how Danny was pressing him in the late rounds, Cotto would've done a way better job. Hmmm...I do recall Cotto landing a lot of jabs on Canelo (that is tha prime reason I have GGG beating Canelo). I don't think Brooks beat a prime welter wgt Cotto. Diaz is similar to Cotto? in what way??? Crawford needs to fight at welter first & then we will analyze. Remember this is no video game (no disrespect intended)
        Thurman and Brook are just naturally bigger. Thurman has a unique skill set and he has one-punch knockout power. Canelo hasn't beaten anyone in his career that imposes the problems Thurman imposes. With Brook, size will be a factor. Brook is just too big. Crawford would be like Mayweather vs Cotto but Crawford would stop him like he stopped Diaz.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
          Thurman and Brook are just naturally bigger. Thurman has a unique skill set and he has one-punch knockout power. Canelo hasn't beaten anyone in his career that imposes the problems Thurman imposes. With Brook, size will be a factor. Brook is just too big. Crawford would be like Mayweather vs Cotto but Crawford would stop him like he stopped Diaz.
          I hear ya bro, But since Thurman's level of competition has risen he has no "one-punch knockout power". I think a prime Cotto can handle Brook at welter. At super Welter, i'm not so sure, but I like his chances. Crawford would stop him? Ok let's see the last dudes that Crawford KO; Dulorme, Deirry Jean, Lundy, Molina, Postol, Diaz & Indongo. Not to take anything away from Bud, but Cotto stands taller than any of those guys at Jr Welter. anyone here agrees that Felix Diaz is similar to Cotto??? I just don't see it. Look at Cotto's jr welter resume it is a good one.

Comment

Cotto IS a great fighter, he just didn't have a well-managed career. People criticize Floyd for managing his fights, but Cotto let Bob Arum do it which hurt his career a lot. He could've made a lot more money, fought all sorts of different guys instead of fighting just top rank guys and also got these big fights when he was still in his prime. It's a real shame that his prime was cut-short the way that it was.

Arum damaged him a lot by putting him in there with loaded gloves Bumgarito. I think his career would've been immeasurably better if he didn't have to go through that. Even still if you look at the fact he's still fighting now and has had some good wins and good performances even in defeat that's a plus when considering his career. From a fans perspective he's fought everyone we wanted him to as well.

Fans should respect him. He's gave us a lot of great performances.

Comment

Working...
            X